Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2018-05-04

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:11 walterbender has quit IRC
02:10 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00b4852165677​bf265.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:15 llaske has quit IRC
03:34 bikram <bikram!~bikram@202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:06 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.18> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:09 bikram has quit IRC
06:10 bikram <bikram!~bikram@202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:29 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!uid288009@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-bkazhldyhroyxwen> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:34 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
07:34 vipulgupta2048_ is now known as vipulgupta2048
07:39 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:44 llaske has quit IRC
08:44 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:36 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
09:52 llaske has quit IRC
09:59 bikram has quit IRC
10:03 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:04 bikram <bikram!~bikram@202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:09 bikram has quit IRC
10:38 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.18> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:52 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!uid288009@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-davibyeonowupwoz> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:56 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:57 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:11 walterbender has quit IRC
11:55 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907:a0e9:9262:a9ee:d446> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:03 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
12:03 vipulgupta2048_ is now known as vipulgupta2048
12:18 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.18> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:52 Vrondir_ <Vrondir_!55bb2881@gateway/web/freenode/ip.85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:56 Vrondir <Vrondir!~user@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:02 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:11 Vrondir has quit IRC
13:22 iamonuwa <iamonuwa!c5d2a5ae@gateway/web/freenode/ip.197.210.165.174> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:23 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:25 iamonuwa Hello rdrsadhu
13:26 rdrsadhu Hi!
13:28 shall we start? Diyanshu isnt here yet. Lets wait for a few minutes. :)
13:29 *Divyanshu
13:29 iamonuwa Alright, let's wait
13:37 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:52 llaske has quit IRC
13:54 ibiam has quit IRC
13:55 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:55 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:56 Vrondir has left #sugar-meeting
13:56 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:59 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.220.2> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:04 llaske has quit IRC
14:14 walterbender hi
14:15 rdrsadhu Hi.
14:15 ibiam hey
14:15 rdrsadhu shall we start?
14:15 vipulgupta2048_ has left #sugar-meeting
14:16 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.18> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:16 walterbender ye
14:16 s
14:17 ibiam #start-meeting
14:17 meeting Meeting started Fri May  4 14:17:25 2018 UTC. The chair is ibiam. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:17 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:18 divyanshu <divyanshu!0e8bf3aa@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.243.170> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:18 divyanshu Hey
14:18 iamonuwa shall we start?
14:18 divyanshu iamonuwa: yes sure
14:18 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
14:19 divyanshu rdrsadhu, ibiam are you there?
14:19 ibiam yep, the meeting has started
14:19 rdrsadhu was about to say something, right?
14:19 divyanshu ibiam: cool
14:19 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: go ahead please
14:19 divyanshu ibiam: +1
14:20 rdrsadhu: go ahead please
14:20 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
14:20 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:21 rdrsadhu sorry, got disconnected.
14:21 shall we start?
14:21 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: tell us the about your commitment
14:21 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yes we can
14:22 rdrsadhu #start-meeting
14:22 meeting rdrsadhu: Error: Can't start another meeting, one is in progress.
14:22 rdrsadhu I'm working on migrating the wiki pages listed under
14:22 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: meeting has started already
14:23 rdrsadhu https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]#Sugar_Activities
14:23 to GitHub
14:24 These pages needs to be migrated because, the source code of the repositories have already been moved
14:24 ibiam rdrsadhu: i started the meeting
14:24 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:24 iamonuwa Great!
14:24 rdrsadhu but the documentation still resides in the wiki
14:25 iamonuwa Github wiki pages?
14:25 rdrsadhu does, this it gets harder and difficult for people to maintain both the places: GitHub + wiki.sugarlabs.org
14:26 iamonuwa rdrsadhu +1
14:26 rdrsadhu you can read more about it at
14:26 https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]vity_pages_to_git
14:27 * How I'm getting the job done:
14:27 I've been developing a script in python
14:27 iamonuwa Yes you are
14:28 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yes I saw the script on your proposal as well.
14:28 rdrsadhu which first fetches the wiki content (you can say scraps) with the help of Mediawiki API
14:28 iamonuwa Okay
14:28 rdrsadhu and then uses pandoc to convert wikitext to markdown
14:28 ibiam rdrsadhu: in translating non-english pages, are you planning on creating a translated page in the wiki or in your migration?
14:29 divyanshu ibiam: +1
14:29 ibiam or both?
14:29 rdrsadhu yes, though it mainly depends on the content
14:29 ibiam how so?
14:29 divyanshu ibiam: +1
14:30 does pandoc also converts non-english pages?
14:30 rdrsadhu just in the translated page. because the wiki pages will be deprecated after the migration
14:30 ibiam my thoughts exactly
14:30 rdrsadhu I still do not know how many pages contain non-english texts. so
14:31 if the count is large, I'll have to find out an automated method
14:31 ibiam well, it's an ongoing project so your list will increase with time
14:31 rdrsadhu I'll research and let you know about this in the next meeting
14:31 yes
14:31 divyanshu rdrsadhu: cool
14:32 ibiam >if the count is large, I'll have to find out an automated method
14:32 great idea
14:32 rdrsadhu and if the count is small, I'll gladly do it manually, using google-translated (or naything similar)
14:32 Some parts of the migration require manual intervention too.
14:33 Like correcting links which do not work anymore
14:33 divyanshu rdrsadhu: but as mentioned by ibiam it's an onging project so if new wiki pages will be added in the future then how you will migrating them if automation is not there will you do it manually?
14:34 satellit do you know about this? http://activities.sugarlabs.org/activities/
14:35 also https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]#Sugar-Activities
14:35 rdrsadhu The organization plans to write new activity documentation in GitHub itself, in the coming future right?
14:35 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yes for sure
14:36 but what if new documentation is being added in the gsoc period itself?
14:36 ibiam rdrsadhu: some pages in the wiki have been marked as deprecated with links to their new pages, so that will help
14:36 perrie has quit IRC
14:36 rdrsadhu satellit, no. I've seen them but never read them in detail.
14:37 satellit, I'll read them up. thanks!
14:37 ibiam, yes
14:37 satellit the numbers on the first list latest and erlier versions of each activity use https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]y_Matrix_(A_to_I)
14:38 rdrsadhu divyanshu, If new documentation is added, I'll keep an eye. and migrate them too.
14:38 satellit https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]y_Matrix_(J_to_Z)  to see number and compatabiity for versions of sugar
14:38 ?old work
14:38 divyanshu rdrsadhu: +1 but you will do it manually right?
14:39 rdrsadhu I'll have to run the script again.
14:39 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yup got it no problem :)
14:40 satellit good luck   needs lots of testing
14:40 divyanshu satellit: +1
14:41 rdrsadhu I've migrated a few pages already
14:41 see the details at https://github.com/rdrsadhu/beta-migration-script
14:42 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: +1
14:42 divyanshu rdrsadhu: Yes I can see +1
14:43 rdrsadhu divyanshu, on your question if pandoc converts non-english texts as well? I've haven't tried it. But I guess, the job of pandoc is to convert the formatting
14:43 and not the content
14:43 like wikitext to markdown
14:44 divyanshu rdrsadhu: okay I got it and if the wikipage is updated then pandoc automatically suncs it or you will have to run script again?
14:45 rdrsadhu as we move forward, things will get clear.
14:45 The wiki page SHOULD not be updated. It shall be deprecated after the migration
14:45 and linked to its github counterpart
14:46 divyanshu rdrsadhu: okay cool
14:46 rdrsadhu see https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Abacus
14:46 and if updated, I'll have to run the script again.
14:47 ibiam nice work, rdrsadhu
14:47 rdrsadhu The script does a one time job. and is not continuous as of now.
14:47 divyanshu rdrsadhu: nice work Good luck
14:47 rdrsadhu thanks!
14:48 iamonuwa Great work rdrsadhu
14:48 rdrsadhu the priority is more on the content, and to place it in appropriate places, such that people find it easily.
14:48 does, anybody have any more questions?
14:49 divyanshu No I am fine iamonuwa: ibiam do you have any other Questions if not then we are done for today I guess?
14:49 rdrsadhu and we meeting again next week, same time?
14:49 ibiam I'm good
14:49 #end-meeting
14:49 iamonuwa I don't have any question
14:49 divyanshu Yes sure
14:49 meeting Meeting ended Fri May  4 14:49:45 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
14:49 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-04T14:17:25.html
14:49 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-04T14:17:25
14:49 rdrsadhu thanks!
14:50 divyanshu I will share the log with sugar devel and walter as well.
14:51 rdrsadhu great.
14:55 iamonuwa has quit IRC
14:59 divyanshu has quit IRC
15:00 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.220.2> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:02 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
15:05 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@softbank-robotics-gw1.ter4​.eqx2.par.cust.as8218.eu> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:09 mohayon has quit IRC
15:24 llaske has quit IRC
15:24 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.220.2> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:28 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:29 llaske has quit IRC
15:42 llaske_ has quit IRC
15:43 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:45 llaske has quit IRC
15:45 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:01 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:12 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-wxpmautvfxtfxnkg> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:13 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:13 vaibhavdaren <vaibhavdaren!~vaibhavda@180.151.90.50> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:16 perrie has quit IRC
16:17 vaibhavdaren_ <vaibhavdaren_!b4975a32@gateway/web/freenode/ip.180.151.90.50> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 AndroUser <AndroUser!~androirc@2409:4053:716:5ea4::26a2:e0b1> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 mohayon_ <mohayon_!~mohayon@softbank-robotics-gw1.ter4​.eqx2.par.cust.as8218.eu> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:21 riyalohia <riyalohia!dfbd4143@gateway/web/freenode/ip.223.189.65.67> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:22 Vrondir has quit IRC
16:23 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:27 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~samsongod@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:27 walterbender hi everyone
16:27 samsongoddy hello
16:27 vaibhavdaren hello
16:27 AndroUser Hello everyone
16:27 riyalohia hi!
16:27 jaskirat Hello everyone !
16:27 octamois Hello
16:29 rdrsadhu hello :)
16:29 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:29 a-ritwik <a-ritwik!0e8bc409@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.196.9> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:29 AndroUser is now known as yashagrawal3
16:30 walterbender let's get started
16:30 amanharitsh123 hello everyone
16:30 satellit has quit IRC
16:30 octamois +1
16:30 mohayon_ Hi everyone
16:30 walterbender #start-meeting
16:30 meeting Meeting started Fri May  4 16:30:45 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:31 iqra <iqra!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 walterbender is yashagrawal3 here?
16:31 llaske hi
16:31 yashagrawal3 Yes! Hello
16:31 walterbender We will go in reverse ABC order today :)
16:31 yashagrawal3, do you have a blog yet?
16:32 yashagrawal3 I have last exam tomorrow, i'll write tomorrow positively. Apologies for being late.
16:32 walterbender ok. please send me an email with the link so I can add it to the wiki
16:33 anything else to report from this week?
16:33 yashagrawal3 Sure! I had a conversation with my mentors, we are planning a meeting tomorrow.
16:34 walterbender great...
16:34 would be good it we list the meeting times on the wiki too...
16:34 I am having trouble keeping track :P
16:34 jaskirat walterbender: +1
16:34 rdrsadhu +1
16:34 riyalohia +1
16:35 walterbender and yashagrawal3, your plans for this week?
16:35 a-ritwik_ <a-ritwik_!0e8bc409@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.196.9> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:35 amanharitsh123 +1
16:35 a-ritwik_ has quit IRC
16:36 yashagrawal3 Finalize timeline with mentors
16:36 a-ritwik has quit IRC
16:36 yashagrawal3 And start working on some activities, just to get in glow back again
16:36 perrie has quit IRC
16:36 walterbender OK... I imaging things will pick up starting next week
16:36 yashagrawal3, one more thing: there are some other volunteers who want to work on GTK3 conversion
16:37 please think about a way to coordinate those efforts as well
16:37 vipulgupta2048_, can you please give your update?
16:37 a-ritwik <a-ritwik!0e8bc409@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.196.9> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:37 yashagrawal3 Okay! Fine with them. Let me know about them. I am cool with it.
16:39 walterbender thx yashagrawal3
16:39 vipulgupta2048_, ???
16:40 vaibhavdaren, your turn...
16:40 we'll get to vipulgupta2048_ later
16:40 vaibhavdaren okay
16:40 hi , this week i have been working on porting examples from turtleart to turtleblock-js
16:41 I have been in regular touch with my mentors.
16:41 I have succesfully ported 2 examples.
16:41 Porting these examples I learnt the difference between the turtleart(python version) and turtleblocksjs(web version).
16:41 ibiam hi
16:41 vaibhavdaren This week I plan to devote more time and start the initial build of my project as I have my college end semester exam from 14 may to 21 may and want to give all my attention to the project in the coming week so that I dont lag behind my proposed timeline
16:42 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: sounds good !!
16:42 samsongoddy Awesome
16:42 walterbender vaibhavdaren, you saw my patch from yesterday?
16:42 vaibhavdaren My second objective will be correcting the broken links in the github pages as some of the examples are not loading properly from the guide.
16:42 I also plan to finalise my timeline in the next meeting with mentors.
16:43 yes i have stared the repo whenever you make a pull request
16:43 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: awsome !!
16:43 walterbender vaibhavdaren, I didn't see the new example on the server yet
16:44 vaibhavdaren i get a mail with commit summary,file changes and patch links
16:44 its name is graphics-palm
16:44 walterbender vaibhavdaren, keep reporting bugs to me so we can remove any roadblocks
16:44 vaibhavdaren, I saw that one... I was thinking of the next one you were working on
16:45 palm looks great, BTW
16:45 vaibhavdaren yes the smooth-candy example is not showing "red colour" and i am not able to debug why
16:45 walterbender:thanks :D :D
16:45 walterbender maybe send me your latest version
16:46 fixed some bugs related to multiple turtles this morning...
16:46 anything else to mention today? please be sure to keep blogging
16:46 I think riyalohia is next?
16:46 vaibhavdaren okay , sure
16:46 :D
16:47 riyalohia walterbender, Last week I worked on hierarchy chart, cleared some concepts regarding modes, and improved the design according to the chart.
16:47 I was not able to work this week beacuse of my end term exams.
16:48 In the upcoming week, I have to finalize my timeline and I have to update the proposal according to the chart and get them reviewed.
16:48 walterbender +1
16:48 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::88db> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:48 walterbender riyalohia, please discuss with Devin whether or not we also need to account for double sharp and double flat in your chart.
16:48 I suspect we do
16:49 riyalohia walterbender, will surely discuss it.
16:49 walterbender great. thx
16:50 rdrsadhu, I think you are next?
16:50 rdrsadhu yes, Hi!
16:50 (1) what I did during the week:
16:50 (a) Researched about the content in different wiki-pages.
16:50 I note them down at https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]s_to_git#Research
16:51 (b) Migrated pages from the Wiki to GitHub. Total migrated pages so far = 27
16:51 Migration status of all pages is listed at https://github.com/rdrsadhu/be[…]/master/README.md
16:51 vaibhavdaren_ rdrsadhu:+1
16:51 rdrsadhu .
16:51 vaibhavdaren_ nice work
16:51 rdrsadhu (2) what I plan to do in the coming week:
16:51 (a) Research and learn more (as required)
16:51 (b) Migrate more pages (I'm not promising a count here; as the number of pages migrated depends a lot on their content; and how they are linked to one another)
16:52 .
16:52 (3) any concerns/roadblocks/issues:
16:52 (a) At present, a number of activities fail to start.
16:52 so migrating their user-documentation to the help-activity may be misleading.
16:52 .
16:52 As in, when reading the documentation from help.sugarlabs.org, users may try to download and run the activity
16:52 walterbender rdrsadhu, I think that we need to fix the broken activities independent of migrating their docs
16:52 rdrsadhu see https://github.com/godiard/help-activity/pull/47
16:52 and
16:53 https://github.com/godiard/help-activity/pull/43
16:53 walterbender but maybe the help PR should have an indication that the activity is currently broken?
16:53 rdrsadhu yes, but is it the other way round?
16:53 vipulgupta2048_ I just got here. I can give my update when everyone is done or whatever you prefer.
16:54 walterbender rdrsadhu, oh.
16:54 ibiam rdrsadhu, i doubt
16:54 walterbender let's discuss it with Quozl
16:54 rdrsadhu ie the docs need to be migrated independent of the broken activities?
16:54 okay.
16:54 I'll join the next devel-meeting.
16:54 walterbender rdrsadhu, +1
16:54 manki11 <manki11!~mankirats@103.253.203.8> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:55 walterbender rdrsadhu, but maybe you can work on the broken activities later in the summer
16:55 manki11 HI, I am mankirat, sorry for being late
16:55 rdrsadhu yes, I'm following a similar path
16:55 walterbender rdrsadhu, also, I don't think there are many activity wiki pages that are not in English
16:55 maybe 2-3 tops
16:55 rdrsadhu yeah
16:55 walterbender so you can hold off on those too
16:55 rdrsadhu okay
16:56 walterbender anything else for rdrsadhu ?
16:56 rdrsadhu things will get more clear, as we proceed.
16:56 walterbender yes
16:56 rdrsadhu Nope. That will be all. :)
16:56 thanks!
16:56 walterbender Pro-Panda, your turn
16:57 maybe Pro-Panda is not here at the moment...
16:58 octamois, are you here?
16:58 octamois, I just saw your email...
16:58 questions are never a problem.
16:58 we can perhaps discuss the sugar repos after the meeting
16:58 manki11, I know you are here :)
16:58 your turn
16:58 manki11 yes
16:58 octamois Ok
16:59 manki11 walterbender: what exactly do i need to do , joined late
16:59 octamois Listening and waiting
16:59 walterbender (1) what you did last week
16:59 (2) what you plan for next week
16:59 (3) any concerns
17:00 vipulgupta2048_ walterbender, I am ready with my update.
17:00 manki11 ok, last week lionel and i started working on the sprint math activity, we plan to integrate all sugar features in that, so i become familiar with the dev environment, before GSOC starts. Next week we plan to start making UI designs for the exerciser activity.
17:01 walterbender any concerns or roadblocks?
17:01 manki11 none, as of now
17:01 walterbender great...
17:01 llaske, any comments?
17:02 llaske No that's fine
17:02 walterbender sounds good...
17:02 vipulgupta2048_, your turn
17:02 vipulgupta2048_ What I did this week.
17:02 1. Exam finished; started working from 3 May. Blog has been setup, working on a new blog post over bouncers and week 2 updates. Talked with Jatin who made the ASLO project about my project. He is excited to work and collaborate on the same.
17:02 2. Working on my repo-status check script. For checking of various things that are missing.
17:02 3. Asked my concerns on #sugar
17:02 Work for next week
17:02 1. Work out a timeline and start towards solving the problems that we mentioned on the tracker.
17:03 2. Start working on a script and conclude the research part of the project over the weekend
17:03 walterbender glad to hear Jatin is in the loop
17:03 vipulgupta2048_ He is glad as well.
17:04 I do have to work out how I am going to generate summaries of activities.
17:04 And how long they should be ?
17:04 Any ideas you might have regarding that?
17:04 walterbender vipulgupta2048_, I think we may be able to leverage some of rdrsadhu 's work for that
17:05 rdrsadhu, is there an obvious way to pull a short description?
17:05 vipulgupta2048_ Yes, that as well. But I wanted to know where exactly are the description being displayed. This would affect how brief it should be.
17:05 Since activity.info has summaries of about 4-5 words
17:06 llaske has quit IRC
17:06 walterbender vipulgupta2048_, some a re longer
17:06 rdrsadhu every repo has a README file, containing a short description
17:06 walterbender I think they are used in the details page of ASLO-3
17:06 rdrsadhu talking just about the pages, migrated so far.
17:06 walterbender rdrsadhu, that is exactly what we need
17:07 rdrsadhu see https://github.com/sugarlabs/level-activity
17:07 vipulgupta2048_ Right, how about I go with scraping that first para of readme.md and storing in activity.info ?
17:07 rdrsadhu or https://github.com/sugarlabs/locosugar
17:07 vipulgupta2048_ Would that be fine ?
17:07 octamois Will only the first paragraph always enough for description?
17:08 walterbender I think that for this purpose it should work
17:08 be curious what your script comes up with
17:09 vipulgupta2048_ You and me included. I will keep you posted. Will take out the best solution.
17:09 walterbender +1
17:09 vipulgupta2048_ Nothing more from my side.
17:09 walterbender OK
17:09 octamois, your turn
17:09 octamois Okay
17:09 What did i do this week?
17:10 I tried to figure out the current work as progress to port executed in different sugar repositories. Discussed my summer plans with my mentors.
17:10 My plan for the next week?
17:11 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:11 octamois As my exams are approaching(14 May-21 May), I’ll try to start work for the week1 coding period to allow me some relaxation just a little. I will surely be looking for sugar-toolkit port and finalise a timeline with my mentors. I will be attending a CI workshop on 12 May that can be fruitful for community later.
17:11 Regular update
17:11 My mentors, they are replying positively and we have a meeting scheduled at 4:00 PM IST tomorrow for how will we proceed further.
17:12 walterbender +1
17:12 octamois That's all I have to mention.
17:12 walterbender octamois, thanks
17:12 iqra, are you here?
17:12 iqra Hi!Its Iqra. I am working on sugarizer primero app. This week I worked on design mockups and made an animated logo for the app.  The design mockups and animated logo screen links can be viewed on my blog (https://iqragsoc.wordpress.com/).
17:12 octamois walterbender: welcome
17:13 iqra For the next week, I plan to work on coding one of the activities mentioned in the proposal
17:14 walterbender iqra, the mockups look nice
17:14 iqra Thanks :)
17:14 samsongoddy Loved it
17:14 rdrsadhu +1
17:14 iqra Thanks Samson
17:14 walterbender iqra, when do you guys all meet to discuss these?
17:15 iqra We have a meeting scheduled tomorrow on saturday at 14 UTC
17:15 walterbender will try to be a fly on the wall
17:15 iqra Everyone is welcomed to join and give feedback
17:15 ibiam iqra, cool design
17:15 walterbender anything else you want to tell us?
17:15 iqra Thanks
17:16 My mentors have me guided me so well until now
17:16 Thanks to Samson, Caryl and Perrie
17:16 jaskirat iqra: nice designs
17:16 iqra jaskirat: Thanks
17:17 walterbender we should continue
17:17 amanharitsh123, your turn
17:17 amanharitsh123 yes :)
17:17 Well,Hello everyone
17:17 In the last week's meeting we prioritized docker installation on raspberry pi as the step#1.After trying various installation method I finally found that the installation through binaries works flawlessly. Link to the same : https://github.com/amanharitsh[…]arizer-school-box
17:17 The only problem I have found till now is that the docker daemon doesnt start automatically even by appending commands to rc.local.
17:17 In today's meeting Hrishi has suggested to try invoking a python script for the same by rc.local.
17:17 So , the upcoming week's task will be
17:17 1) to organize the sugarizer school box repo as suggested by Michael.
17:17 2) try fixing the docker daemon problem.
17:18 walterbender sounds good
17:18 any sense of how the performance on RPi?
17:19 amanharitsh123 well ,I suppose RPi 2/3 will perform well
17:19 perrie has quit IRC
17:19 amanharitsh123 with heavy traffic too
17:19 walterbender great
17:19 amanharitsh123 I will be able to provide more clear
17:19 walterbender sugar runs great on RPi3
17:19 amanharitsh123 analysis after installing sugarizer server :)
17:19 walterbender mohayon_, any comments?
17:20 mohayon_ Hey :) We agreed on focusing on the server part. If everything is ok we will try adding an Sugarizer Client
17:20 walterbender OK. thanks amanharitsh123
17:20 amanharitsh123 :)
17:21 walterbender a-ritwik, your turn
17:21 a-ritwik My end semester exams ended today so I could not work on my project in the previous week.
17:21 walterbender hope it went OK
17:21 a-ritwik Yeah
17:21 walterbender what's up for next week?
17:21 a-ritwik This week I will be going deeply through codes of various widgets in Music Blocks and will be fixing bugs.
17:22 I plan to fix bugs before implementing enhancements.
17:22 walterbender +1
17:22 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@softbank-robotics-gw1.ter4​.eqx2.par.cust.as8218.eu> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:22 a-ritwik Can you please provide email ID of third mentor Kieren MacMillan ?
17:23 walterbender a-ritwik, sure
17:24 a-ritwik, I'll send you a link to a new MB project as soon as I unbreak it
17:24 a-ritwik Thanks, I will contact him tomorrow.
17:24 walterbender inspiration for a new widget
17:24 a-ritwik What it does ?
17:24 jaskirat sounds good
17:24 walterbender let's you put notes on a score and play them
17:25 a-ritwik nice
17:25 walterbender wants to have a MB project equivalent for each widget
17:25 I think it is a reasonable goal
17:25 mohayon_ has quit IRC
17:25 walterbender and a TB project for every Sugar/Sugarizer activity
17:26 a bit more ambitious, bit not impossible
17:26 vaibhavdaren_, ^^
17:26 did I miss anyone?
17:26 Anyone else have comments?
17:26 a-ritwik I think I need to discuss any possible changes in timeline of my project.
17:26 walterbender a-ritwik, we can do that offline
17:27 a-ritwik sure
17:27 walterbender thanks for the update
17:27 vaibhavdaren a-riwik,ok i will be doing the same for turtleblocksjs
17:27 walterbender Very efficient meeting :)
17:27 thanks everyone
17:28 amanharitsh123 thank you walterbender :)
17:28 mohayon has quit IRC
17:28 walterbender see everyone next week (if not sooner)
17:29 #end-meeting
17:29 meeting Meeting ended Fri May  4 17:29:00 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:29 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-04T16:30:45.html
17:29 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-04T16:30:45
17:30 riyalohia has quit IRC
17:30 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
17:31 a-ritwik has quit IRC
17:33 iqra has quit IRC
17:36 manki11 has quit IRC
17:46 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
17:55 vipulgupta2048_ has quit IRC
17:55 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf008d7f2c5b178​c37fa.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:56 manki11 <manki11!~mankirats@103.253.203.8> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:57 ibiam has quit IRC
18:00 llaske has quit IRC
18:01 manki11 has left #sugar-meeting
18:01 Claudia_ <Claudia_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:03 samsongoddy has quit IRC
18:16 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@197.210.55.86> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:17 Claudia_ Hello everyone
18:17 ia there a meeting?
18:18 I see 4 pm, but that time may be hard for me
18:18 I will try
18:21 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:23 ibiam has quit IRC
18:24 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:30 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf008d7f2c5b178​c37fa.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:31 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~samsongod@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:35 llaske has quit IRC
18:40 Claudia_ has quit IRC
18:42 Pro-Panda Hey everyone, apologies for my absence in the GSoC meeting today. It won't happen again. I have posted an update on @sugar-devel.
18:42 Please let me know if there are any questions or suggestions
18:46 vaibhavdaren has quit IRC
19:01 ibiam has quit IRC
19:02 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:03 Ibiam_ <Ibiam_!6970599a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:04 ibiam has quit IRC
19:04 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:05 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@197.210.29.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:06 perrie is now known as perriefidelis
19:09 perriefidelis has quit IRC
19:14 ibiam has quit IRC
19:14 perriefidelis <perriefidelis!~perriefid@197.210.29.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:15 samsongoddy has quit IRC
19:17 Ibiam_ has quit IRC
19:19 perriefidelis has quit IRC
19:45 jaskirat has quit IRC
19:48 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf008d7f2c5b178​c37fa.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:53 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@LFbn-1-3443-24.w90-127.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:54 llaske has quit IRC
19:55 walterbender ping ignacio CanoeBerry
19:59 llaske_ has quit IRC
19:59 pescauriza <pescauriza!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:59 walterbender any SLOB members here?
20:00 seems I am the only one
20:00 #start-meeting
20:00 meeting Meeting started Fri May  4 20:00:12 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:00 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
20:00 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.18> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:00 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.18> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:00 walterbender We don't seem to have any SLOB members here besides me.
20:00 So no quorum
20:00 Nonetheless, I have a few topics for discussion.
20:00 #topic Google Summer of Code
20:01 We are off to a great start.
20:01 vipulgupta2048_ has quit IRC
20:01 walterbender We meet with all of the students every Friday.
20:01 The minutes from today's meeting are here:
20:01 #link http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-04T16:30:45.html
20:02 The links to the student blogs can be found at:
20:02 #link https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2018
20:02 Quozl giggles quietly
20:03 walterbender Check out the work... even though we've not started the coding period (May 14), lots of solid progress.
20:03 .me feels like he is talking to himself
20:03 Quozl Aye, it looks that way.
20:03 walterbender Any questions/comments re GSoC?
20:03 #topic Sugar Labs goals
20:04 perriefidelis <perriefidelis!~perriefid@197.210.29.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:04 walterbender Sameer set up a google doc for commenting on the Sugar Labs goals
20:04 Quozl Monitoring discussions on GSoC, it does concern me sometimes that mentors who have never been involved as a contributor or member of Sugar Labs are giving technical advice to the interns.  ;-)
20:04 vipulgupta2048 Ehh ... I am awake now. What's happening exactly?
20:05 Quozl vipulgupta2048: management board meeting.
20:05 walterbender #link https://docs.google.com/spread[…]/edit?usp=sharing
20:05 #topic Devin travel
20:06 pescauriza has quit IRC
20:06 perriefidelis has quit IRC
20:07 perriefidelis <perriefidelis!~perriefid@197.210.29.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:07 walterbender There are some details re Devin's trip to Japan we need to discuss. I'll send an email to SLOB re (1) a slight overrun of the budget and (2) one of the schools he visited wants to pay him an honorarium, which they sent to the SFC. We need to approve it.
20:07 That exhausts my list of topics.
20:07 Anything else?
20:08 Quozl I've nothing else to comment about.
20:08 walterbender I was hoping for an update fro the Ed. Team, but GrannieB and Samson are not here
20:08 OK. I guess it is a quick meeting this month.
20:08 Thanks all.
20:09 goes back to debugging. A weird error passing args to actions in MB :P
20:09 #end-meeting
20:09 meeting Meeting ended Fri May  4 20:09:12 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
20:09 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-04T20:00:12.html
20:09 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-04T20:00:12
20:09 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf007089f506112​118f8.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:09 llaske hi
20:10 walterbender llaske, http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-04T20:00:12
20:11 llaske Ok. Thanks.
20:11 llaske has quit IRC
20:13 walterbender AFK for a bit
20:14 pescauriza <pescauriza!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:14 perriefidelis has quit IRC
20:14 pescauriza Hello im back.. sorry my internet is not working well
20:18 walterbender has quit IRC
20:26 pescauriza_ <pescauriza_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:27 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
20:29 pescauriza has quit IRC
20:37 Vrondir has quit IRC
20:45 pescauriza_ has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster