Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2018-05-13

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
01:47 yashagrawal3_ has quit IRC
01:49 yashagrawal3_ <yashagrawal3_!~yash@2405:204:a68e:679f:950c:b278:bbfb:9cf0> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:50 yashagrawal3_ is now known as yashagrawal3
01:50 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit_@2601:602:880:1907::3483> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:10 walterbender has quit IRC
02:15 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:17 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
02:46 satellit_e has quit IRC
02:48 walterbender has quit IRC
02:50 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:54 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:59 llaske has quit IRC
03:21 walterbender has quit IRC
03:30 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.230.75> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:46 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
05:05 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@2405:204:1489:c2af:86e:3b27:2003:6cf1> has joined #sugar-meeting
05:20 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
06:12 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.230.75> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:26 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
06:39 llaske <llaske!~llaske@LFbn-1-3443-24.w90-127.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:44 llaske has quit IRC
06:57 perrie has quit IRC
07:02 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.12.93> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:06 perrie has quit IRC
07:07 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.12.93> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:19 perrie has quit IRC
07:23 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.12.93> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:36 amitsin6h <amitsin6h!~amitsin6h@2405:204:c288:108c:37d4:876a:8574:ce0d> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:37 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!uid288009@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-uzwxelcapckgnsnq> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:41 amitsin6h has quit IRC
08:52 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:19 perrie has quit IRC
09:28 llaske has quit IRC
10:08 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:07 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:16 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:06 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
12:47 llaske has quit IRC
13:10 walterbender has quit IRC
13:35 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:56 walterbender has quit IRC
13:59 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:58 llaske has quit IRC
15:52 unimauro <unimauro!c9f0648f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.201.240.100.143> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:58 Pratul1997 <Pratul1997!2f087c86@gateway/web/freenode/ip.47.8.124.134> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:59 divyanshu <divyanshu!dce3e54d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.220.227.229.77> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:59 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-pchttibdxpsihayv> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:59 divyanshu Hello everyone :)
16:00 jaskirat Hi
16:00 Pratul1997 Hi
16:01 divyanshu Let's wait a minute for other mentors to join
16:01 Pratul1997 Sure
16:02 unimauro hello
16:02 jaskirat 😊
16:02 divyanshu Hello everyone can we start meeting now?
16:02 jaskirat Oh sure
16:03 divyanshu Cool :)
16:03 #startmeeting
16:03 meeting Meeting started Sun May 13 16:03:03 2018 UTC. The chair is divyanshu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:03 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:03 divyanshu Pratul1997: let's us know what you have done till so far, what you will be doing next ?along with your other commitments in upcoming weeks
16:04 and what issues are you facing with github api as well?
16:05 jaskirat Pratul1997: so last time we had discussed about the open issues
16:05 So i think we should plan out further rhat how will you make yoor move from now ...!
16:05 divyanshu jaskirat: +1
16:06 Pratul1997 Basically in GitHub API , most of the resources I have come across provide information about a user's repository but didn't provide information about an organisation issues issues based on labels
16:08 Pratul1997_ <Pratul1997_!2f087c86@gateway/web/freenode/ip.47.8.124.134> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:09 jaskirat Umm i think we took this issue last time too and i think we need to talk to Walter once regarding this ...!
16:09 But did you try out any dketch for dasboard ?
16:09 Dashboard*
16:09 Pratul1997_ So I am working on that thing, this week i would be working on the same,As it is the most important part of the proposal, and also I have brought it upfront this month by changing my timeline a bit
16:10 jaskirat Pratul1997_: okay, for sure...!
16:11 Let us know the timeline updates you make ...!
16:11 But have you worked upon the above as i said ..!??
16:12 Pratul1997_ Dashboard work would go on throughout the month but as its implementation would not be be a hard thing and can be easily completed in 2 week
16:12 more important part is Sugarbot
16:13 therefore Sugarbot would be my priority this month
16:13 jaskirat Pratul1997_: okay, we are looking forward to it
16:13 Pratul1997_ Looked for several NPM module for same
16:14 but didnt found for best suitable for it
16:14 Still searching
16:14 jaskirat But from which corner have you started for issues ?
16:14 Pratul1997_ If didnt found within a week then I would be hard coding it
16:15 What do you mean by "from which corner", I am unable to understand?
16:15 divyanshu okay so what functionalities are you plaaning to incorporate in sugar bot and let me know which npm modules have you explored till so far?
16:15 jaskirat Pratul1997_: try exploring this www.npmjs.com/package/octonode
16:16 As suggested by Abdulazeez
16:16 Pratul1997_ yes I looked in this module, Jaskirat
16:16 divyanshu have you tried this https://www.npmjs.com/package/botkit
16:18 Pratul1997_: write a script in node.js and take help od already exsiting npm modules as well.
16:19 Pratul1997_: hope you will find something useful in already exsiting modules.
16:19 although npm module won't help in github but how modules are written can help you
16:20 Pratul1997_ I am still searching for same, because hard coding would take a long time and I am looking forward to avoid it using a module
16:21 divyanshu Pratul1997_: +1
16:23 jaskirat Pratul1997_: i know it can be tricky but it would be quite interesting as per the requirements ...!
16:23 So i guess researching on this for same for sometimes more can help us more
16:23 divyanshu cool Pratul1997_ :)
16:24 is there anyhting else to ask from mentors side?
16:24 Pratul1997_: do you ahve any questions?
16:24 Pratul1997_ No Divyanshu
16:24 divyanshu jaskirat: ?
16:25 unimauro: ?
16:25 jaskirat Pratul1997_: let us know if any challeges you face !!!
16:25 We would love to help you ...!
16:25 divyanshu jaskirat: +1
16:25 jaskirat So are we done today ?
16:25 divyanshu jaskirat: yes for sure.
16:26 jaskirat 😊
16:26 divyanshu cool I am ending then
16:27 jaskirat Sure
16:27 divyanshu #endmeeting
16:27 meeting Meeting ended Sun May 13 16:27:13 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
16:27 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-13T16:03:03.html
16:27 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-13T16:03:03
16:27 unimauro divyanshu sorry i was in other view :/
16:28 divyanshu unimauro: no problem you can read the logs :)
16:28 jaskirat Good bye everyone
16:28 Thanks
16:28 unimauro :) thanks
16:28 divyanshu unimauro: welcome :)
16:28 bye everyone
16:33 divyanshu has quit IRC
16:38 perrie <perrie!~perrie@197.210.8.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:40 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:45 Pratul1997_ has quit IRC
16:48 llaske has quit IRC
16:55 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:04 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!uid288009@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-laiyncbfhwztaspw> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:25 llaske has quit IRC
17:28 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.224.9> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:32 vipulgupta2048_ #start-meeting
17:32 meeting Meeting started Sun May 13 17:32:30 2018 UTC. The chair is vipulgupta2048_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:32 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
17:33 Abdul <Abdul!d4af9668@gateway/web/freenode/ip.212.175.150.104> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:33 vipulgupta2048_ #topic Meeting#3 Updates Setting up the activity server
17:33 Hi Abdul unimauro
17:34 Abdul Hello
17:34 vipulgupta2048_ Updates from my side would be just a little more than what we already discussed in our last meeting on Friday.
17:34 Abdul Vipul about the time tracker
17:34 vipulgupta2048_ I will repost it here for reference.
17:34 Yes.
17:34 Abdul Upwork is meant for freelancing
17:34 I found a better alternative
17:35 vipulgupta2048_ Ok, (This is in reference to time management of keeping 30 hours a week)
17:35 Abdul checkout wakatime.com
17:36 I used to use it some time ago, but don't know how well it's holding up now
17:36 vipulgupta2048_ Very interesting, but I use Geany as my editor cum IDE
17:36 Abdul Instead of just tracking time, it tracks the time you are actually coding, when you install the plugin in your text editor.
17:37 vipulgupta2048_ I will give it a shot nonetheless, as I work both on Atom and emacs too.
17:37 I will do that
17:37 Abdul Okay
17:37 So give us a brief update
17:37 And challenges you're facing currently
17:38 vipulgupta2048_ From the meeting on Friday, I been focusing on some miscellaneous tasks
17:38 The progress for my week is as follows
17:38 What I have been doing ?
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 1. Exams finished on 10 May
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 2. Working on the script - I have completed 2 out of the decided five parameters that were need to be found and fixed in the activity repositories.
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 3. Had problems with configparser; solved them.
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 4. Read about some new methods to parse Config files and markdown files, configobj seems promising.
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 5. I wrote a blog post on a way to not lose messages while away on IRC using bouncers. Please do give it a read - https://mixstersite.wordpress.[…]eek-that-went-by/
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> What will I do next week
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 1. Finish the analysis script
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 2. Post a summary of my analysis for the community to check and attain insight. 2. Use the summary to move on to my next tasks of fixing activities (specifically activity.info files).
17:39 3. Finished reading the documentation for configparser. Will write a blog post about it with updates for week 3.
17:39 No challenges so far.
17:39 This is from the meeting on Friday.
17:39 Later, PyDelhi (Python Community in Delhi) organized a meetup where I talked a little about GSoC and Sugar Labs.
17:40 Told others about my project and how to get started if they want to contribute to Sugar Labs by taking points from Quozl's mail
17:41 I intend to publish a draft of the analysis script till tomorrow (On the mailing list)
17:41 That's all
17:42 I did ping Rdsadhu if I could get the migration script that he is working on. But till now received no response from his side. Will ping him again.
17:43 I will also start working on the blog updates #3 which will be based a little about the module, ConfigParser
17:43 unimauro, there?
17:44 Abdul I did read your blogpost
17:44 It's nice
17:44 vipulgupta2048_ Pratul1997, ping !
17:44 Thank you Abdul
17:45 Abdul Just to be clear, what does the analysis script do exactly?
17:46 And which parameters have you gotten handled?
17:46 vipulgupta2048_ In the view of first finding missing parameters and then fixing.
17:46 perrie has quit IRC
17:47 Abdul Okay
17:47 vipulgupta2048_ I have included README.md, License field in Activity.info, LICENSE.md file, summary field in activity.info
17:47 I noted all that I have to work on in my diary.
17:47 For a quick and accurate reference
17:48 Abdul Okay cool
17:48 vipulgupta2048_ Basically we are checking if the repo is consistent or not. If not then fix.
17:48 Abdul So, do you need anything in specific for this week
17:48 vipulgupta2048_ and then recheck.
17:48 Abdul ?
17:48 I will be available during the evenings
17:48 My exam weeks are approaching also :)
17:49 vipulgupta2048_ I will ping you and unimauro, if I need it.
17:49 Abdul Okay.
17:49 vipulgupta2048_ When are they starting from.
17:49 Abdul I'm starting next week monday
17:49 vipulgupta2048_ And you are in which year?
17:49 Abdul and it'll last for about a week
17:49 It's my first year :)
17:50 And that's the week i also have google codejam round 2
17:50 vipulgupta2048_ Cool Cool.
17:50 You are pursuing ..? #offtopic
17:51 Abdul You can ping me anytime during the week, i will try to respond, but mostly during the evenings
17:51 vipulgupta2048_ unimauro, any questions ?
17:51 Abdul Bachelors of computer engineering
17:54 Any other thing to be discussed in this meeting?
17:54 vipulgupta2048 I got nothing rlse.
17:54 vipulgupta2048__ <vipulgupta2048__!~vipulgupt@117.242.227.23> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:55 vipulgupta2048 Else*
17:55 Abdul Okay
17:55 Then that will be the end of today's meeting
17:55 vipulgupta2048__ #end-meeting
17:55 Abdul Do have an amazing week everyone
17:55 vipulgupta2048 You too, good luck
17:55 vipulgupta2048_ has quit IRC
17:55 Abdul has quit IRC
17:55 vipulgupta2048 #end-meeting
17:56 vipulgupta2048__ #endmeeting
17:57 vipulgupta2048 #endmeeting
17:58 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:59 vipulgupta2048__ Hi walterbender
17:59 I have issued the end meeting command countless time, but it's not ending. I need the logs for today's meeting in my MoM
18:05 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:22 Pratul1997 has quit IRC
18:25 unimauro has quit IRC
18:25 walterbender has quit IRC
18:27 perrie <perrie!~perrie@197.210.8.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:32 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.227.23> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:33 vipulgupta2048__ has quit IRC
18:33 vipulgupta2048_ #endmeeting
18:33 meeting Meeting ended Sun May 13 18:33:22 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
18:33 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-13T17:32:30.html
18:33 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-13T17:32:30
18:59 jaskirat has quit IRC
19:10 vipulgupta2048_ has quit IRC
19:16 llaske has quit IRC
19:16 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:38 perrie has quit IRC
19:40 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.227.23> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:04 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
20:05 llaske has quit IRC
20:06 vipulgupta2048_ has quit IRC
22:05 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:18 walterbender has quit IRC
23:31 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster