Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2019-05-27

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:37 satellit_ <satellit_!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::2ecf> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:26 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-3460-75.w90-127.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:31 llaske has quit IRC
03:36 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0004e9931a0f5​2982d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:40 llaske has quit IRC
05:27 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-pojajxfmfbqdkkhn> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:34 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:07 Hrishi_ has quit IRC
10:18 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-flmsgwpkahpfljpe> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:05 sparsh0204 <sparsh0204!9d2fca6f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.157.47.202.111> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:06 llaske has quit IRC
11:15 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:23 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00601c2eb6ac9​3b11e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:39 nikhilm98 <nikhilm98!c6104acc@gateway/web/freenode/ip.198.16.74.204> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:43 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-ttthomglhhonadsx> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:09 llaske has quit IRC
15:23 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00601c2eb6ac9​3b11e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:14 llaske has quit IRC
16:18 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00601c2eb6ac9​3b11e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:21 llaske has quit IRC
16:22 Swarup1414 <Swarup1414!6a33f152@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.51.241.82> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:22 Swarup1414 Hello
16:22 Hey,
16:22 Hey
16:24 walterbender hi
16:25 pro-panda <pro-panda!b752783c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.183.82.120.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:25 walterbender hi pro-panda
16:25 Aniket_mathur <Aniket_mathur!~Aniket@106.207.183.21> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:25 pro-panda hi walterbender ;-)
16:25 nikhilm98 Hello everyone!
16:26 Aniket_mathur Hello everyone.
16:26 Fakela <Fakela!29cb4ea6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.41.203.78.166> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:27 sparsh0204 hello
16:27 Fakela Hello
16:29 pro-panda Let's start
16:29 Swarup1414 Hello!
16:29 pro-panda #start-meeting
16:29 meeting Meeting started Mon May 27 16:29:22 2019 UTC. The chair is pro-panda. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:29 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:29 pro-panda #chair walterbender
16:29 meeting Current chairs: pro-panda walterbender
16:29 pro-panda Hey everyone.
16:30 walterbender shall we get started?
16:30 pro-panda The coding period has begun. I hope all of you were able to ramp up with the tools you will be using throughout your project
16:30 Some of you have already started coding ;-)
16:30 walterbender Yes. Today is the official beginning of coding.
16:31 A to Z today?
16:31 pro-panda Let's go A-Z today
16:31 Aniket_Mathur: you're first
16:31 Aniket_mathur Yeah, sure!
16:31 Below are the minutes of the work I did last week-
16:31 * Went through the previously merged and in-progress pr's of Telepathy port to have a better understanding.
16:31 * Worked to use Sugar instances with rdesktop for testing Telpathy port(Ubuntu 18.04).
16:32 * Ported Nutrition activity to Python 3.
16:32 * Ported AEIOU activity to Python 3.
16:32 * Opened a pr to port Readetexts activity to TelepathyGlib, comparing changes with previous ports(not tested).
16:32 ashish0910 <ashish0910!7561bd7a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.97.189.122> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:32 ibiam <ibiam!~myirc@197.210.54.208> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:32 Aniket_mathur I also faced some problems, listed below
16:32 * Not able to collaborate with Readetexts activity using rdesktop(UBuntu 18.04).Hence port not tested.
16:32 * Not able to use rdesktop with Ubuntu(16.04).
16:33 ibiam Hi everyone
16:34 Aniket_mathur That's all from my side for the last week. And for the coming week
16:34 Targets for this coming week as per priority(might involve changes)-
16:34 * Setup a telepathy port testing environment and test Readetexts port.
16:34 * Work on sugar-toolkit-gkt3 telepathy port.
16:34 * Port other activities to Python 3.
16:34 pro-panda Aniket_mathur: let's discuss the issues you mentioned on the mailing list / GitHub issues
16:34 walterbender seems the collab stack is still a bit iffy?
16:34 ibiam Aniket_marthur: collaboration is broken in some activities
16:34 You'll have to fix it first
16:34 walterbender maybe work on that in parallel?
16:34 ibiam Before working on a port
16:35 jaskirat Hi everyone
16:35 walterbender Most activities have value even w/o collaboration
16:35 so maybe After instead of Before?
16:35 or in parallel?
16:35 Aniket_mathur Yes, I noticed that problem, I tried collaboration with some activities and they didn't work.
16:36 I tried collabedit, readetexts and cookie-search with UBuntu 18.04, but was not successful.
16:36 Fakela_ <Fakela_!29cb4ea6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.41.203.78.166> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:36 Fakela has quit IRC
16:36 pro-panda Start understanding the fundamental differences in the way TelepathyGLib is written; as compared to python-telepathy.
16:37 You can try writing your own small programs which use TelepathyGLib to interact with each other
16:37 Aniket_mathur Yes for that I referred to the documentation and also tried github search for telepathy.
16:38 pro-panda Thanks. Any questions for Aniket ?
16:38 walterbender Seems like great progress
16:38 thx
16:38 pro-panda +1
16:38 ibiam Aniket: the telepathy glib manual is in c
16:39 It also has some python code
16:39 You can look at it
16:39 Aniket_mathur I have a doubt regarding collaboration, does it have any thing to do with network settings of sugar desktop?
16:39 Sure Ibiam
16:39 or with the fact that I am using Ubuntu Virtual Machine for collaboration
16:40 pro-panda Aniket_mathur: let's discuss issues over mailing list / GitHub in detail, thanks
16:40 ibiam It doesn't really have anything to do with your vm as both instances are on the same virtual network
16:40 pro-panda Moving forward. ashish0910, you're next
16:40 ashish0910 Hi Everyone , Last week I worked on export to doc format for write activity . it successfully converts tables , images , list , text to parallel one in doc format .
16:41 https://ashish0910.github.io/W[…]Editor/DOC%20gen/  is the implementation
16:42 I also worked on import from .DOC format to HTML
16:42 walterbender will you also look at the open doc formats?
16:42 ODS
16:43 pro-panda Sorry, I'm confused. Is https://ashish0910.github.io/W[…]Editor/DOC%20gen/ the output of conversion ?
16:44 ashish0910 Yes I will work ODS as well
16:44 pro-panda on downloading we get a .doc file which is ms-office file
16:45 pro-panda It would be good if you could summarize your approach in a blog post as well
16:45 ashish0910 Yes I am working on blogs as well and will release it tomorrow
16:45 pro-panda Thanks
16:46 Any questions for Ashish ?
16:46 Moving forward. Fakela_, you're next
16:46 Aniket_mathur I will also write a blog for last week asap, sorry for the delay.
16:47 walterbender Fakela_, ???
16:47 pro-panda Looks like Fakela_ isn't here. Moving forward. Hrishi_, you're next
16:47 Hrishi_ Alright :)
16:47 Fakela_ Hi everyone last week I worked on removing unused code using the coverage tab
16:48 pro-panda Hi Fakela_
16:48 Fakela_ Sorry for the network delay
16:48 Hrishi_ Fakela_ can continue
16:48 walterbender Fakela_, can you remind everyone which code?
16:48 Fakela_ The musicblock code worked on few files
16:49 walterbender what is an example of some unused code?
16:50 Fakela_ Unsed code are codes that didn't run when the application was in used so basically it was just occupying space
16:50 And it increases the size of the file thereby reducing it's performance
16:50 walterbender but specifically, what did you find?
16:51 is curious because some code only runs if certain blocks are used.
16:52 pro-panda Also, while it's good to remove unused code, it won't improve performance.
16:53 walterbender but it is a good way to get a sense of what the code does :P
16:53 Fakela_ Okay first question
16:53 pro-panda walterbender: the unused code won't be doing anything ;-P
16:54 Fakela_: maybe you can type your points and we can come back to you later ?
16:55 Hrishi_: Please go ahead
16:55 Hrishi_ Ok
16:56 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@fsf/member/pikurasa> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:56 Hrishi_ Last week I was working on the older version of the activity. A new activity design was proposed, on which I am now working on. I emailed devel today about my progress.
16:56 pikurasa Hi
16:57 Hrishi_ pikurasa: hello
16:57 The current UI https://usercontent.irccloud-c[…]B2/day1_devel.PNG
16:57 jaskirat Hi
16:58 Hrishi_ I've used graphing library which activities like https://github.com/sugarlabs/AnalyzeJournal and Chart Activity are using.
16:59 pro-panda Hrishi_: Thanks. Have you summarised this in a blog post ?
17:00 Any questions for Hrishi_ ?
17:00 satellit_ has quit IRC
17:00 Hrishi_ pro-panda: No. I would be writing the blog post tomorrow, the past week was exams week.
17:00 I've a few problems to discuss. Should I discuss them now?
17:01 walterbender maybe raise the issues now and we can discuss afterwards?
17:01 pro-panda Hrishi_, no. Let's discuss them on the mailing list
17:01 walterbender but a general heads up here as to the types of problems would be informative
17:01 Hrishi_ okay. I will message the issues on the #sugar
17:02 pro-panda "maybe raise the issues now and we can discuss afterwards?" This also works :-)
17:02 Fakela_ Removing unused code improves performance of t an app cause one the size of the file is being reduced and the smaller the js and css file the faster it takes to load and reduction of cs and js file is a step to improving performance also after the unused functions and codes are remove I can now move on to optimizing the code that is being used ....the coverage tab isn't a reliable means so I don't jump into the report cause it
17:03 pro-panda Hrishi_: Also, create a repository at https://github.com/sugarlabs so that we can track it
17:03 pikurasa Fakela_: do you have a branch you are working from?
17:04 Fakela_ Not yet will do that today
17:04 satellit_ <satellit_!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::2ecf> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:04 Hrishi_ pro-panda: I can't create it , can you create one and then add me as a collaborator
17:04 ibiam Hrishi: you can transfer ownership of your current branch to sugarlabs
17:04 Current repo*
17:05 pro-panda Hrishi_: sure
17:05 Thanks Hrishi_, Fakela_
17:05 Hrishi_ Welcome :)
17:05 pro-panda Moving forward. Nikhil, you're next
17:05 pikurasa Fakela_: Just keep everything synced on https://github.com/fakela/musicblocks/ so that we may follow
17:06 nikhilm98 Hello, my last weeks tasks were:
17:06 Fakela_ Alright will do just that
17:06 nikhilm98 Cleaned the existing Sugarizer-Server codebase and fixed the linting errors enabling one rule at a time.
17:06 Implemented Grunt in the project and configured it to minify public resources.
17:06 Fixed an issue with Sugarizer which was causing the server to crash. Had to create a new API and write tests and documentation for it.
17:07 Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]d-ii-498b03889c93
17:08 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 8am IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task
17:09 pro-panda nikhilm98: Thanks
17:09 nikhilm98 The basic outline of this week task will be to begin adding the a new role for Teacher profile in Sugarizer-Server
17:09 Thanks
17:10 pro-panda Any questions for nikhilm98 ?
17:10 Moving forward. sparsh0204, you're next
17:10 sparsh0204 Sure
17:11 Last week I worked on completing the edit notes inside phrase maker function for rhythm blocks.
17:11 Completed the pie-menu option for rhythm notes.
17:11 Created the divide, add, delete and merge functions for rhythm notes inside phrase maker.
17:11 Synchronized the addition and removal of rhythm blocks inside phrase maker.
17:12 I am currently working on the blog, it will be up by tomorrow
17:12 pikurasa A lot of his work can be tracked here: https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1785
17:13 pro-panda Plans for next week ?
17:14 sparsh0204 I am going to implement the function for simple tuplet
17:15 pro-panda Alright, thanks.
17:15 Any questions for Sparsh ?
17:15 walterbender very nice start... it is a great new feature
17:15 pikurasa yes, nice feature.
17:15 sparsh0204 Welcome :
17:16 pikurasa Please continue to communicate. Ask questions early when you have them
17:16 pro-panda Moving forward, Swarup1414: you're next
17:17 sparsh0204 pikurasa : Ok I will be in touch with all my mentors
17:17 Swarup1414 yes
17:18 This week I made progress on two fronts:
17:18 1) To work on improving activities.
17:18 -> Worked on improving countries-activity. Helped close a redundant issue. Made progress in other issues (PR: #11, #9). Found a flaw
17:18 with PyGame code (button clicks behaviour) and provided patch that could fix other activities written in the style.
17:18 -> Started working on Terminal-activity (I: #27). Found documentation available at (https://lazka.github.io/pgi-do[…]Terminal.html#Vte.Terminal.set_allow_hyperlink), which had hyperlinks API's. Implementation is in progress.
17:19 Also setting up the Sugar v0.114 via native build.
17:19 2) To set the roadmap for the next 2-3 weeks.
17:19 Finish Terminal-activity (I: #27). Start work on Terminal-activity (#26).
17:19 Try to release one or two activities on ASLO. Learn the procedure there as well (Bichos perhaps)
17:19 Will work on Calculate-activity (I: #55, #57, #44)
17:20 pro-panda Swarup1414: Thanks. Good progress
17:21 The ability to open hyperlinks from the terminal activity would be a nice addition :-)
17:21 Swarup1414 Yes, I agree. If anyone has worked with Vte terminals before, I would really like your help
17:22 pro-panda Swarup1414, if you have any specific issues, let's discuss over @sugar-devel ;-)
17:22 Swarup1414 Sure
17:23 pro-panda Any questions for Swarup ?
17:23 Moving on.
17:23 Takeaways from today's meeting,
17:24 * Have your content typed out before your turn comes, so that more time can be spent on discussions
17:24 * Ensure that your blog post is up before the meet
17:24 * Have links to PRs in your blog posts
17:24 * You may write your issues in brief, but avoid discussing them here. Use the mailing lists, or GitHub issues, so that everyone else can also participate
17:25 Anything else to discuss ?
17:25 pikurasa thanks pro-panda for taking the lead for the meeting
17:26 jaskirat Cool
17:26 pro-panda pikurasa: sure
17:26 Motion to close the meeting, please +1
17:26 walterbender +1
17:26 Aniket_mathur +1
17:26 sparsh0204 +1
17:26 pikurasa +1
17:26 nikhilm98 +1
17:26 ashish0910 +1
17:27 ibiam +1
17:27 pikurasa have a good week everyone!
17:27 pro-panda Thanks everyone
17:27 #end-meeting
17:27 meeting Meeting ended Mon May 27 17:27:40 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:27 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-27T16:29:22.html
17:27 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-05-27T16:29:22
17:27 nikhilm98 has quit IRC
17:28 pikurasa Always welcome to continue conversation in #sugar
17:28 ibiam has quit IRC
17:28 Aniket_mathur has quit IRC
17:29 pro-panda pikurasa: almost bed time ;-)
17:29 Swarup1414 has quit IRC
17:30 pro-panda has quit IRC
17:31 ashish0910 has quit IRC
17:40 sparsh0204 has quit IRC
17:43 Fakela_ has quit IRC
17:46 pikurasa has quit IRC
18:21 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00601c2eb6ac9​3b11e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:26 llaske has quit IRC
18:57 walterbender has quit IRC
19:21 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:21 walterbender has quit IRC
19:52 jaskirat has quit IRC
19:57 Hrishi_ has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster