Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2019-06-10

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
02:12 walterbender has quit IRC
04:08 MrBIOS <MrBIOS!~aperez@c-24-130-45-179.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:09 MrBIOS has quit IRC
06:41 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~samsongod@154.66.48.236> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:12 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!31f84382@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.248.67.130> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:49 samsongoddy has quit IRC
09:57 llaske <llaske!~lionel@2a01cb00074daf008ca010a4512​ff48c.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:52 llaske has quit IRC
11:06 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:34 NikhilM98_ <NikhilM98_!6ad1e93c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.209.233.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:43 NikhilM98_ has quit IRC
12:23 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:28 NikhilM98 has quit IRC
12:37 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::f85e> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:36 satellit has quit IRC
14:00 llaske <llaske!~lionel@2a01cb00074daf008ca010a4512​ff48c.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:02 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-foowneoimxxegbcf> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:10 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.55.187> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:13 perrie has quit IRC
15:13 llaske has quit IRC
15:18 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.55.187> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:20 perrie has quit IRC
15:27 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.55.187> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:01 qwerbic9607 <qwerbic9607!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:05 qwerbic9607 has quit IRC
16:09 perrie has quit IRC
16:10 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.50.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:15 MrBIOS <MrBIOS!~aperez@c-67-170-219-226.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:19 sparsh0204 <sparsh0204!31249027@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.36.144.39> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 pro-panda <pro-panda!b752783c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.183.82.120.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:21 Aniket <Aniket!~Aniket@2405:205:510f:2aa:dca9:1280:9040:b022> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:24 ashish0910 <ashish0910!75619735@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.97.151.53> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:26 Swarup1414 <Swarup1414!6a33f152@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.51.241.82> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:26 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf005c39106095b​d4850.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:28 pro-panda Hi everyone
16:28 This week we'll go A->Z
16:29 Swarup1414 Hello
16:29 perrie hi
16:29 Aniket hello
16:29 Hrishi_ Hello
16:29 Aniket May I start?
16:29 pro-panda #start-meeting
16:29 meeting Meeting started Mon Jun 10 16:29:57 2019 UTC. The chair is pro-panda. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:29 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:30 pro-panda Aniket, please go ahead
16:30 Aniket Thanks
16:30 fakela <fakela!~androirc@41.203.78.186> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:30 Aniket Work I did last week-
16:30 * Testing and debugging of Telepathy port of the toolkit. Dicussing and exploring Telepathy.Channel and
16:30  Telepathy.Connection classes with the help of James and Ibiam. Reading the gnome-shell and polari sources
16:30  having TelepathyGlib bindings. Used gdb and apport-unpack to look for back traces and posted my observations.  Complete discussion(https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]it-gtk3/pull/412).
16:31 * Made a in progress pr to port sugar to TelepathyGLib(https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/837).
16:31 * Removed embedded em.py in favour of upstream empy from sugar. (https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/839).
16:31 * Python 3 port and flake8 fix for Lemonade.(https://github.com/sugarlabs/Lemonade/pull/10).
16:31 * Went through Ubuntu documentation for packaging Softwares.
16:32 Now plans for next week~
16:32 this*
16:32 * Continue working on porting sugar to TelepathyGLib.
16:32 * Package sugar-toolkit-gtk3.
16:33 * Set up two Virtual machines on a bridge network to test collaboration.
16:33 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!6ad19067@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.209.144.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:33 Aniket * Work on porting Collabwrapper to TelepathyGlib.
16:33 that's all
16:33 Link to my blog -
16:33 https://medium.com/@aniketmath[…]61ce98eb18b7b656e
16:33 walterbender sound like some progress... how close are you re wrpping up the collab stack?
16:35 Aniket Currently I am working on Telepathy port.
16:35 We have sugar not yet completely ported to TelepathyGlib
16:36 walterbender is that work almost done?
16:36 Aniket The toolkit is ported and tested, with conclusion that a proper test can only be formed when sugar is ported as well.
16:36 pro-panda "* Package sugar-toolkit-gtk3." Sorry,if missed something, where exactly would you need this ?
16:36 Aniket performed*
16:37 walterbender pro-panda, who is working on the Sugar part of the port?
16:37 Aniket James suggested me to package it, as it will make easier to install it fir testing python 3 ported activities.
16:37 pro-panda walterbender: It's in Aniket's project to complete that port
16:38 walterbender great. hopefully it will happen soon so we can being testing all of these changes.
16:38 thanks Aniket
16:38 pro-panda Any questions for Aniket ?
16:38 Aniket walterbender, by port I understand python 3 port, we can complete it once telepathy is ported.
16:39 thanks
16:39 NikhilM98 Can I go next? I'm outside and little low on battery
16:39 pro-panda Moving on. NikhilM98, please go next
16:39 NikhilM98 Hello everyone, my last weeks tasks were:
16:40 1. Modify the admin view to assign classroom to the Teacher.
16:40 2. Add a List Classrooms view in the Teacher Profile and make basic student information available to the Teacher.
16:40 3. Fix the issue with PR #186
16:40 4. Start working on the Journal view for the teacher profile.
16:40 Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]e-ii-ced49e6b52cf
16:41 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 8am IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task.
16:41 The basic outline of this week task will be to start working on Teacher dashboard and make classroom statistics available to the teacher.
16:41 Link to the PRs:
16:41 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/186
16:41 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/185
16:41 Any questions?
16:42 walterbender any roadblocks?
16:43 NikhilM98 It's going quite smoothly. I had some doubts but they were resolved on the slack
16:44 pro-panda Great, thanks
16:44 Moving on. ashish0910, you're next
16:44 ashish0910 Hello Everyone ,  Task’s completed last week:
16:44 1. Font style and size : This feature allows user to change font and its size . Now a basic rich text editor is completed with sugar ui .
16:44 2. Integration of project in sugarizer and Testing : The project structure was taken in congruence with activities present in sugarizer since the beginning which helped in integrating project in sugarizer
16:45 3.Journal integration : This allows users to save and load the progress of the activity .
16:45 Link to blog : https://medium.com/@ashish0910[…]ng-2-286e499d5d81
16:45 Link to pull Request : https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/pull/353
16:45 Next week I will work on image integration and their styling .
16:46 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-affnxnfbelthlekw> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:46 walterbender ashish0910, any roadblocks for you?
16:46 jaskirat Hi
16:47 ashish0910 The major challenge will be to make the activity cross browser platform . 'copy' and 'paste' feature has some issues in firefox and I am working on it .
16:48 walterbender ashish0910, cross-browser is always a headache...
16:48 ashish0910 Yes
16:48 pro-panda Is there no library that enables cross platform clipboard usage ?
16:48 walterbender probably a jquery library
16:49 ashish0910 There are some but they require flash . There is clipboard.js which might work .
16:50 pro-panda Cool. Thanks
16:50 walterbender just say no to flash
16:50 thx ashish0910
16:50 ashish0910 Flash will not be a good option . Thanks .
16:50 pro-panda Moving on. fakela, you're next
16:51 NikhilM98 has quit IRC
16:51 fakela Hello Everyone, My last week task was to add promises to setTimeout in block.js and also give reports on the profiling result using the examples in Musicblocks ...this week's task Currently am working on adding promises to palette.js have started with study the code and making few changes
16:51 walterbender the promises code PR was merged. seems to work really well -- much more reliable and faster too.
16:52 llaske has quit IRC
16:52 fakela The report to for the profiling result is in my blog
16:52 pro-panda I've also been working with promises at my day job recently ;-)
16:53 fakela https://medium.com/@favourkelvin17
16:54 pro-panda Thanks fakela
16:54 walterbender thx fakela
16:54 fakela Your welcome
16:54 pro-panda Hrishi_, you're next
16:54 Hrishi_ Ok
16:55 Last week's work:
16:55 1) Added heatmap
16:55 2) Fixed pie chart scaling issues
16:55 3) fixes issues with treeview
16:55 4) Fixed scaling issues which were discovered by Ibiam.
16:55 5) Clean the code, format it according to Pep8 and Flake8
16:55 6) Added horizontal scroll bar for lower res devices
16:55 7) Created icon for the activity. I've to make a  few modifications to it.
16:55 The heatmap was the focus for past week, it went really smooth
16:55 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!6ad19067@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.209.144.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:56 walterbender the activity is available for testing at https://github.com/sugarlabs/Dashboard.activity
16:56 perrie has quit IRC
16:56 Hrishi_ I will send out an email to devel soon for testing the activity. It's near completion
16:56 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@fsf/member/pikurasa> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:56 jaskirat That's cool @Hrishi_
16:56 Thanks @walterbender for the link
16:57 pikurasa sorry to be late
16:57 Hrishi_ I would like to release the activity soon. From this week, my focus would be the next part of the project. The tamagotchi widget.
16:57 walterbender:  thanks for the link and transfer
16:57 The weekly blog https://medium.com/@hrishipate[…]ss-3-d7f1349cf83b
16:58 pro-panda Hrishi_: fyi, the activity is not transferred yet. Maybe you can do it sometime
16:58 walterbender it is transferred as of this morning
16:58 please see the link above
16:59 pro-panda Sorry, the link points to a fork of the dashboard activity
16:59 Hrishi_ pro-panda: It was cloned. I couldn't transfer because it said I don't have permissions to make repositories on SL. Hence walterbender transferred it.
16:59 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.50.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:59 Hrishi_ pro-panda: I will work on the fork from now on.
17:00 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf005c39106095b​d4850.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:00 pro-panda Thanks
17:00 Hrishi_ Welcome.
17:00 pro-panda Moving on. Sparsh0204, you're next
17:01 sparsh0204 Last week -
17:01 * I worked on finding bugs in the work I did in the past two weeks.
17:01 *First there was a bug in rhythm notes case in phrase-maker where a user can delete the last present note which made all other functions useless
17:01 *Second, user was able to make tuplet note value negative. I fixed that also.
17:01 *I also worked on reducing the lines of code by combining the redundant code.
17:01 *I started woking on tuplet note part of phrase-maker.
17:01 *Link to my work - https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1785
17:02 *Blog - https://medium.com/@sparshagar[…]ress-ea2f34da3fd4
17:02 For the next week I will be continuing working on tuplet note case
17:02 pikurasa sparsh0204: any questions?
17:02 re tuplet?
17:03 sparsh0204 pikurasa: No questions. Everything is going fineI am not facing any problems
17:04 pikurasa: I am unable to understand 're tuplet'
17:04 walterbender sparsh0204, something to think about for later in the week: https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]locks/issues/1768
17:04 pikurasa any questions "regarding" tuplet
17:04 pro-panda sparsh0204, re is short for regarding
17:04 MrBIOS_ <MrBIOS_!~aperez@216.52.21.30> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:05 sparsh0204 pikurasa : my bad ;D
17:05 walterbender: I will look into it
17:05 walterbender pikurasa, did you check out https://musicblocks.sugarlabs.[…]79218661&run=True
17:05 pro-panda Thanks. Moving on. Swarup1414, you're next
17:06 Sorry. We'll waait
17:06 walterbender we can move on to Swarup1414
17:06 NikhilM98 has quit IRC
17:06 MrBIOS has quit IRC
17:06 MrBIOS_ is now known as MrBIOS
17:06 Swarup1414 Hello
17:07 Work I did this week:
17:07 1) Log-activity (PR: https://github.com/sugarlabs/l[…]activity/pull/16)
17:07 2) Countries-activity (PR: https://github.com/sugarlabs/c[…]activity/pull/59)
17:07 Aniket has quit IRC
17:07 pro-panda AFK for 2 minutes
17:07 Swarup1414 3) Terminal-activity (PR: https://github.com/sugarlabs/t[…]activity/pull/35), (I: https://github.com/sugarlabs/t[…]tivity/issues/26), (I: https://github.com/sugarlabs/t[…]tivity/issues/23)
17:07 I wasn't able to make the PR's as fast as I thought I could, because a lot of time was spent understanding and testing the classes in sugar3.graphics, as well as some basic Gtk Widgets such as Gtk.TreeView, Gtk.TextView, Gtk buttons. This week I shall work on the former goal more rigorously.
17:08 Work I plan to finish by this week:
17:08 1) Make/complete PR's for all three issues in Terminal-activity and try to get it merged
17:08 2) Work on BioRythm (I: https://github.com/sugarlabs/biorhythm/issues/9)
17:08 3) Work GTranslator(I: https://github.com/sugarlabs/G[…]nslator/issues/8)
17:08 Thanks!
17:09 walterbender Swarup1414, you have a good handle on the graphics classes now?
17:09 please ask on devel if you have any doubts
17:09 Swarup1414 Yes, I'm more comfortable with them now
17:09 Yes, I shall
17:10 Aniket <Aniket!~Aniket@2405:205:510f:2aa:dca9:1280:9040:b022> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:10 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!6ad19067@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.209.144.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:10 Aniket <Aniket!~Aniket@2405:205:510f:2aa:dca9:1280:9040:b022> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:11 walterbender anything else for Swarup1414 ?
17:12 jaskirat Going great
17:12 llaske has quit IRC
17:13 walterbender pro-panda, anything else for today?
17:14 pro-panda back.
17:14 Nope, thanks
17:14 Motion to close the meeting, please +1
17:14 Swarup1414 +1
17:14 ashish0910 +1
17:14 Aniket +1
17:14 sparsh0204 +1
17:14 perrie +1
17:14 NikhilM98 has quit IRC
17:15 walterbender +1
17:15 pro-panda #end-meeting
17:15 fakela +1
17:15 meeting Meeting ended Mon Jun 10 17:15:19 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:15 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-10T16:29:57.html
17:15 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-06-10T16:29:57
17:15 pro-panda Aniket: would you be starting with porting to telepathyGLlib in Sugar next week ?
17:16 Aniket No,I have already started it.
17:16 https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/837
17:16 pro-panda Ok, thanks.
17:17 Aniket I don't think the code stuff will take a lot of time, but the testing part might take condiderable time.
17:17 considerable*
17:18 sparsh0204 has quit IRC
17:18 Aniket We do have a detail discussion of the problems we are facing with telepathy.
17:18 https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]kit-gtk3/pull/412
17:18 pro-panda Yes, I've reviewed that. Thanks again :-)
17:18 Swarup1414 has quit IRC
17:19 Aniket Thanks :-), any questions?
17:19 pro-panda Nope
17:19 Goodbye.
17:19 pro-panda has left #sugar-meeting
17:20 Aniket has quit IRC
17:20 ashish0910 has quit IRC
17:21 fakela has quit IRC
17:23 pikurasa bye
17:24 jaskirat Good bye thanks
17:26 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!6ad19067@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.209.144.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:47 pikurasa has quit IRC
18:11 walterbender has quit IRC
18:22 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:24 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00a054b69e609​9c7a8.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:29 llaske has quit IRC
18:50 perrie has quit IRC
18:53 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.50.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:17 llaske <llaske!~lionel@2a01cb00074daf0084ec59366c1​28099.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:22 Hrishi_ has quit IRC
19:22 perrie has quit IRC
19:22 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.50.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:28 sum2it <sum2it!uid281472@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-pbdundzpxzqumedj> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:35 jaskirat has quit IRC
20:06 MrBIOS has quit IRC
20:07 MrBIOS <MrBIOS!~aperez@c-67-170-219-226.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:14 MrBIOS_ <MrBIOS_!~aperez@216.52.21.30> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:15 MrBIOS has quit IRC
20:15 MrBIOS_ is now known as MrBIOS
20:40 satellit_ has quit IRC
20:40 satellit_ <satellit_!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907:b075:f8d:535c:4872> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:50 llaske has quit IRC
21:01 llaske <llaske!~lionel@2a01cb00074daf00219ac9d1719​050fa.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:11 MrBIOS has quit IRC
21:13 llaske has quit IRC
21:30 perrie has quit IRC
21:33 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.50.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:38 sum2it has quit IRC
21:56 walterbender has quit IRC
22:38 perrie has quit IRC
22:40 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.50.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:44 perrie has quit IRC
23:18 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00f9d715a4bfe​e4f83.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:22 llaske has quit IRC
23:33 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.50.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:38 perrie has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster