Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2019-06-17

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:06 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
05:42 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::f85e> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:28 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:05 walterbender has quit IRC
11:16 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:50 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:57 walterbender has quit IRC
12:09 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:11 llaske has quit IRC
12:13 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:52 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:53 llaske has quit IRC
13:02 llaske_ has quit IRC
13:02 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:17 walterbender has quit IRC
13:20 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:12 walterbender has quit IRC
14:13 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:00 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-prxhowdaetmrpqwu> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:15 sparsh0204 <sparsh0204!312496d9@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.36.150.217> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:15 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!c61042c5@gateway/web/freenode/ip.198.16.66.197> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:23 llaske has quit IRC
16:24 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:26 walterbender hello everyone
16:26 Hrishi_ hello!
16:28 walterbender Are we A2Z or Z2A this week?
16:28 sparsh0204 hello
16:28 Hrishi_ Well pro-panda decides that every week :|
16:28 hello sparsh0204
16:29 sparsh0204 hello Hrishi_
16:30 walterbender We'll go A 2 Z this week :)
16:30 #start-meeting
16:30 meeting Meeting started Mon Jun 17 16:30:19 2019 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:30 walterbender Pro-Panda cannot join us today... just me :)
16:30 Hrishi_, would you like to start us off?
16:31 Hrishi_ Sure
16:31 Aniket <Aniket!~Aniket@2405:205:5002:dff1:3421:226d:96e9:5e23> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 ashish0910 <ashish0910!b6447092@gateway/web/freenode/ip.182.68.112.146> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:32 Hrishi_ This week I worked on 1) Cleaning the code 2) Using a better algorithm for generating heatmap month labels 3) Use gettext for all strings 3) Format according to pep8 and flake8 4) Update license and copyright information 3) Generating POT file and translating to Gujarati and Hindi.
16:32 Also thanks for Spanish translations, should I merge?
16:32 walterbender did you see my ES PR?
16:33 Hrishi_ (walterbender ^)
16:33 walterbender Maybe someone can review it first?
16:33 Or merge and someone can suggest corrections...
16:33 I think it is pretty close.
16:33 Hrishi_ I will merge. It can be later updated with pootle
16:34 We can mark it as "Needs work"
16:34 walterbender What is the plan for this week?
16:35 fakela <fakela!~androirc@41.190.3.132> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:35 Hrishi_ walterbender: Finishing up the activity, and starting work for Tamagotchi widget
16:35 walterbender I think you could get started without Perrie's designs for the Tamagotchi... and drop then in when she is done with her exams
16:36 Hrishi_ She asked that I should try making mocks instead (as she is busy) and ask for review. That is fine by e
16:36 I could probably try to do it by tomorrow.
16:37 Also, this week's blog: https://medium.com/@hrishipate[…]ishedType=initial
16:39 walterbender thanks Hrishi_
16:39 Aniket, your turn?
16:39 Aniket yeah sure
16:39 Work for the last week-
16:40 * Fix collaboration in readetexts and TelepathyPort(https://github.com/sugarlabs/readetexts/pull/16 and https://github.com/sugarlabs/readetexts/pull/14).
16:40 * Worked on Porting Collabwrapper to TelepathyGLib.(https://github.com/sugarlabs/c[…]bwrapper/pull/14)
16:40 * Worked on Porting Sugar to TelepathyGLib. (https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/837)
16:40 * Package sugar-toolkit-gtk3. (Python2  version)(https://github.com/Aniket21mat[…]it-gtk3-packages)
16:40 We have collaboration working as expected after Porting to TelepathyGLib :
16:40 - sugar-toolkit-gtk3 (As tested by James, Ibiam and me)
16:40 - collabwrapper (As tested by James, Ibiam and me)
16:40 - sugar (As tested by me)
16:40 Though we have embedded some code from the telepathy sources into sugar, sugar-toolkit-gtk3 and collabwrapper.
16:40 In an attempt to remove dependency from that source code as well today James figured out that to complete the TelepathyGLib port we have to first remove dependecy from "import dbus". It will involve major code changes and may take quite a while. So the Telepathy part is still on a halt.
16:41 walterbender what is the ETA on having then new collab suite working?
16:41 is there a replacement for dbus?
16:42 Aniket Sorry I have not researched much by now. We realized that we have to replace today only. My research is not yet completed
16:42 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@fsf/member/pikurasa> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:42 walterbender Sounds like you know what you'll be doing this week :)
16:43 Aniket We have to find some replacement in TelepathyGLib itself
16:43 I can't see a clear work set for this week at the moment. Though
16:43 * Proceed on how to remove dependency from "import dbus", will be one of it.
16:43 :-)
16:43 walterbender maybe check in with James? (He'll be awake in a few hours.)
16:45 Aniket I think I will be asleep by then, me and James will interact ones 8 hours from now. :-)
16:45 walterbender ok. thanks Aniket
16:45 ashish0910, your turn
16:46 ashish0910 Hello Everyone , This week I worked on images integration and styling .
16:46 This includes loading images from journal chooser and adding them , Resizing them , Wrapping with text ( Left and Right ) .
16:47 This also includes Journal sync
16:47 The blog explains about it in detail - https://medium.com/@ashish0910[…]ng-3-6507852beb51
16:47 This week I will work on export to PDF , HTML and with most importantly start  with multi user collaboration
16:47 walterbender great
16:47 any questions for ashish0910 ?
16:47 fakela, you are next :)
16:48 fakela Hello everyone , for this week I added promises to setTimeout on the palette.js and blocks.js but made a pull request for just palette.js and also set up unit tests using Jasmine karma and Travis CI , am not done with the setup the build is still failing but will try to figure it out soon enough
16:48 Link to my blog https://medium.com/@favourkelvin17
16:48 walterbender fakela, can you point me to the test repo you set up (the one that is working)?
16:48 pikurasa I see a new branch "set"
16:49 walterbender I'll try to take a look tonight to understand the differences
16:49 fakela Block
16:49 ibiam <ibiam!~myirc@197.210.226.105> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:49 fakela Will delete branch set
16:49 pikurasa fakela: ok
16:49 fakela Block is the branch am working with
16:49 pikurasa understood. Thanks
16:50 fakela Alright
16:50 walterbender but didn't you set up a repo to test unit tests?
16:50 that is the one I want to look at.
16:50 fakela I did my forked repo
16:50 walterbender OK. I'll poke around tonight.
16:51 fakela Alright
16:51 walterbender any one have travisCI chops who can help fakela ?
16:51 NikhilM98, I think you are next.
16:51 pikurasa fakela: what was the "small project" you did to learn karma and jasmine?
16:53 NikhilM98_ <NikhilM98_!c61042c5@gateway/web/freenode/ip.198.16.66.197> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:53 walterbender NikhilM98, are you there?
16:53 NikhilM98_ I'm sorry. My cable got disconnected
16:53 walterbender OK. You are here now :)
16:53 NikhilM98_ Hello everyone, my last weeks tasks were:
16:53 1. Update unit tests for the teacher profile
16:53 2. Finish Dashboard UI:
16:53 fakela It was a long time project I was working on that I didn't really finish a quote machine
16:53 NikhilM98_ - Profile Page -- Done
16:54 - Landing Page -- Done
16:54 3. Update Locale
16:54 NikhilM98 has quit IRC
16:54 NikhilM98_ Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]-iii-613c0fc31123
16:54 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 8am IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task.
16:54 walterbender sounds good.
16:54 NikhilM98_ The basic outline of this week task will be to test teacher profile, fix bugs and finalise teacher dashboard interface
16:55 Link to the PR: https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/185
16:55 fakela I decided to use it to learn how to set up the karma and Jasmine
16:55 And TravisCI
16:55 walterbender fakela, pikurasa maybe Ankur can help???
16:55 pikurasa, can you reach out?
16:55 NikhilM98_ Any questions?
16:55 fakela To Anukur , sure
16:56 walterbender thanks NikhilM98_
16:56 sparsh0204, your turn
16:56 sparsh0204 ok
16:56 This week I worked on-
16:56 pikurasa hi sparsh0204
16:56 sparsh0204 * making the notes inside phrase maker editable in case of tuplet notes
16:56 * making pitch editable inside phrase maker itself
16:56 The editing pitch part took a little more time then I thought so thats all I did for this week.
16:57 For next week -
16:57 * removing extra/duplicate pitch block when user sorts the widget. * working on add pitch feature or edit drums and set key functions.
16:57 Link to my work - https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1785
16:57 Blog - https://medium.com/@sparshagar[…]ishedType=initial
16:57 Thats all from my side.
16:57 hi pikurasa
16:57 walterbender sparsh0204, I couldn't figure out how to add/delete rows (pitches)
16:58 but I could edit them (except for the error I reported)
16:58 sparsh0204 I was thinking if we have to make all block editable then it would be better if we make adding feature later
16:58 yes I my trying to find a way around it
16:59 walterbender OK. I misunderstood.
16:59 sparsh0204 Then we can make a single button and ask the use for the block he/she want to add
17:00 walterbender I think after the current bug is fixed, we can merge the current PR and start in on a new one for these additional features.
17:01 sparsh0204 ok I will fix it tonight only
17:01 walterbender great.
17:01 thanks sparsh0204
17:01 did I miss anyone?
17:02 OK. Thanks for the updates everyone.
17:02 #end-meeting
17:02 meeting Meeting ended Mon Jun 17 17:02:40 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:02 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-17T16:30:19.html
17:02 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-06-17T16:30:19
17:05 ashish0910 has quit IRC
17:05 ibiam has quit IRC
17:09 pikurasa thanks!
17:10 sparsh0204: I found some corner cases wrt modifying rhythm in phrase maker
17:11 Aniket has quit IRC
17:11 pikurasa For example, if the rhythm code has "repeat" block and the rhythm is changed via pie menu, the change is not correct in the MB code
17:12 I will upload some examples to GH
17:12 NikhilM98_ has quit IRC
17:13 fakela has quit IRC
17:14 pikurasa bye for now
17:14 pikurasa has quit IRC
17:20 sparsh0204 has quit IRC
18:28 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0000ecf4757b3​51d2e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:32 llaske has quit IRC
19:20 Hrishi_ has quit IRC
20:33 satellit has quit IRC
20:57 walterbender has quit IRC
20:58 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-3460-75.w90-127.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:02 llaske has quit IRC
22:09 ChanServ has quit IRC
22:14 ChanServ <ChanServ!ChanServ@services.> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:14 leguin.freenode.net sets mode: +o ChanServ

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster