Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2019-07-22

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:02 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:53 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00b1a3c62d218​f7715.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:57 llaske has quit IRC
02:26 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0061eed0131be​12051.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:31 llaske has quit IRC
02:38 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0095b8a5fee20​8101a.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:43 llaske has quit IRC
02:49 walterbender has quit IRC
07:03 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:47 llaske has quit IRC
10:48 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:52 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:01 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:11 walterbender has quit IRC
11:12 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:20 walterbender has quit IRC
11:55 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:10 llaske has quit IRC
12:14 walterbender has quit IRC
12:50 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:59 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-ysxdogdmyjkbphdp> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:18 Guest04 <Guest04!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:19 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00856314d483a​41623.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:23 Guest04 has quit IRC
15:37 ibiam <ibiam!~myirc@197.210.226.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:49 ibiam Hey Hrishi_
15:50 Hrishi_ ibiam: hi
15:51 ibiam I think we should push the meeting as we don't have a quorum
15:51 Other mentors aren't available
15:51 Hrishi_ It seems you didn't see my message. The meeting has been postponed for tomorrow and will be announced on devel
15:52 ibiam I didn't see
15:52 Where'd you send it?
15:52 Hrishi_ ibiam: yes, since understanding the work to be done in phase 3 is crucial, I would like all of the mentors to be present
15:52 Currently writing blog. Github's down :(
15:53 ibiam I tested the tamagotchi widget
15:53 The battery doesn't show in mine
15:53 I'm investigating to find out why
15:53 I'm yet to get precise values for the cell sizes
15:53 I'll let you know when I get them
15:54 Hrishi_ ibiam: Thanks. Do you see battery in the frame though? Any logs?
15:54 ibiam Battery doesn't show in fram
15:54 Hrishi_ I am emulating my laptop's battery in a VM.
15:54 ibiam Frame
15:54 No logs
15:54 Hrishi_ ibiam: a XO device right?
15:54 ibiam Nah
15:54 A vm
15:54 Hrishi_ Oh that's why. Then its expected as I don't want the badge to be shown
15:54 To test battery on a vm
15:55 ibiam It'll be great if it shows
15:55 Hrishi_ Add these two lines:
15:55 https://www.irccloud.com/pastebin/CapoP1DX/
15:56 ibiam I'm away from my pc rn
15:56 I'll do that later
15:56 Hrishi_ ibiam: Would it make sense? Why show when the system doesn't have battery? Or we can use another icon which shows that the system is running on a connected power?
16:02 ibiam Yeah I agree
16:02 It might not make sense
16:03 Hrishi_ add the lines to the VMX file btw
16:04 ibiam Refactor your code
16:04 And take out the timeout add methods that aren't in the right places
16:05 Hrishi_ ibiam: I was planning to refactor this week. I am usng only one timeout_add now
16:05 ibiam Cool
16:05 Yeah noticed, you can delete the others
16:06 Hrishi_ The code is not ready for a code review yet. I will notify you on github once I am done
16:09 ibiam Sure
16:26 sparsh0204 <sparsh0204!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:28 walterbender will be a bit late to the meeting... please start w/o me
16:29 fakela <fakela!~androirc@41.203.78.66> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 Aniket <Aniket!~Aniket@103.37.200.228> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 Aniket hello everyone
16:31 walterbender ibiam, maybe you can lead the meeting today?
16:31 Hrishi_ Hello everyone
16:32 walterbender #start-meeting
16:32 meeting Meeting started Mon Jul 22 16:32:14 2019 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:32 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:32 walterbender #chair ibiam
16:32 meeting Current chairs: ibiam walterbender
16:33 walterbender are we a-z or z-a today?
16:33 Aniket walterbender Ibiam I have to go early today, so may I go first?
16:33 walterbender sure
16:33 Aniket Thanks
16:34 Hrishi_ It was Z-A last week
16:34 Aniket Work I did in the last week~
16:34 * Fixed timestamp in toolkit(https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]it-gtk3/pull/420)
16:34 * Ported cedit to Python 3 with flake 8 fixes.
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/c[…]activity/pull/16)
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/c[…]activity/pull/15)
16:34 * Ported collabedit to Python 3 with flake 8.
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/collabedit/pull/11)
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/collabedit/pull/12)
16:34 * Worked on making gwebsockets compatible with Python 3.
16:35 Work for this week~
16:35 * Try to complete Python 3 port of gwebsockets.
16:35 * Port other sugar activities to Python 3.
16:35 That's all from my side :-)
16:35 fakela has quit IRC
16:36 walterbender ibiam, comments?
16:36 fakela <fakela!~androirc@41.203.78.82> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:37 walterbender thnk Aniket
16:37 fakela, are you here?
16:37 fakela Yes
16:37 Am here now
16:37 Aniket Walterbender Ibiam may I leave ?
16:37 walterbender please go next
16:37 fakela Okay
16:37 Sure
16:37 walterbender Aniket, you can go
16:38 Aniket Thanks
16:38 Aniket has quit IRC
16:39 ibiam Hi everyone
16:39 Was away from my phone
16:39 fakela This week I cleaned up the SW code, Also Carried performance testing on chrome devtools On loading time and runtime performance Looking into where the program consumes excessive memory and takes more time to execute
16:39 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1802
16:39 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1803
16:40 walterbender you saw my comments on your PR?
16:40 fakela Yes
16:40 ibiam I'll send aniket my comments
16:40 fakela I saw it this evening
16:40 Will talk to you later
16:40 walterbender about the timing.. let's discuss it
16:40 fakela Yes so I can get more clarification
16:40 On what am supposed to do
16:41 walterbender look at how tone.js can be used to trigger in the future
16:41 fakela For this week focusing on other optimizations based on the Chrome diagnostics ....looking into where the program consumes excessive memory and spending most times and determine how to optimize them
16:41 Okay tone.js
16:42 Sure will look into it
16:43 Any questions on that will let you know
16:43 “Week 8:Measuring the Performance Impact Using Chrome DevTools” by Favour Kelvin https://link.medium.com/Zh4uRAWcxY
16:43 My blog post
16:43 ibiam Thank you fakela
16:44 walterbender Hrishi_, I think you are next?
16:44 Hrishi_ Yes
16:44 fakela Thank you
16:45 Hrishi_ Last week I worked on:  1) Fix refresh button (didn’t refresh all the data) 2)Fix scrollbar issues (didn’t display scrollbars on some devices running an older version of GTK. 3) Remove useless layout container(s). 4) Fix https://github.com/Hrishi1999/[…]activity/issues/5 5) Lower the radius of Pie chart which could possibly help for the visibility of the pie chart.
16:45 The Tamagotchi Widget now works as expected, I am looking forward from detailed test results soon.
16:46 A test branch: https://github.com/Hrishi1999/[…]ee/pie-chart-test
16:46 ibiam Does the pie chart image in the window show as expected?
16:47 Hrishi_ ibiam: The image in the window is same as the one drawn by cairo. I am saving it to a PNG and loading it again
16:47 Regarding the Treeview in Window, it only shows data for the first launch. Not sure what is wrong, investigating
16:47 Last week's blog: https://medium.com/@hrishipate[…]ss-9-9de57d92509a
16:48 We will be having a meeting tomorrow regarding phase 3.
16:48 ibiam I haven't looked at your code to see how the image is added to the window
16:48 Hrishi_ That's all from me.
16:48 ibiam But it doesn't fill the space allocated to it
16:49 Hrishi_ https://github.com/Hrishi1999/[…]/activity.py#L585
16:49 ibiam: I will try to fix it this week.
16:49 ibiam Thanks
16:49 Hrishi_ I should move the Window code to a test branch since it's not 100% ready
16:50 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!6725c8d5@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiirc.com/ip.103.37.200.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:50 ibiam +
16:50 1
16:50 NikhilM98 Sorry i got late
16:50 Clinet was not working
16:50 Hrishi_ Any questions for me?
16:51 walterbender Hrishi_, thx for the update
16:51 Hrishi_ Welcome :P
16:51 walterbender NikhilM98, I think it is your turn now
16:51 NikhilM98 Hello everyone, my last weeks tasks were:
16:51 1. Add Sorting in Classroom, User and Journal view
16:51 2. Created a prototype that uses GridFS to expand the Journal Storage in MongoDB
16:51 3. Do more research on analytics and tutorials
16:52 Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]viii-274613c335ef
16:52 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 8am IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task.
16:52 Link to the PR:
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/192
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/191
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/194
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/193
16:53 ibiam NikhilM98: were you supposed to send a demo link to devel?
16:53 NikhilM98 I was not asked to do that by my mentors
16:54 ibiam Okay, can I get a link
16:54 I'd like to test
16:55 NikhilM98 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/193
16:56 walterbender to everyone: please be sure to include links in your blog posts so people can test your code...
16:56 NikhilM98 We managed to store up to 8mb as a single journal entry. It was causing issues for larger files. Needs more testing and fixing
16:57 walterbender anything else for NikhilM98 ?
16:58 sparsh0204, you want to go next?
16:58 sparsh0204 sure
16:58 Last week I worked on-
16:58 *) Improvind the design of pressed key table
16:58 *) function to play musical keyboard using keyboard keys
16:58 *) function to capture keypress duration to the nearest 1/8 note.
16:58 *) function to capture if two notes are pressed at the same time.
16:59 *) other small tweeks.
16:59 Link to my work- https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1801
16:59 Link to my blog- https://medium.com/@sparshagar[…]ress-3077cc0e7083
16:59 For this week- I will be working on removing all bugs from add note feature in phrase maker and adding and improving features in musical keybard.
16:59 That's all from my side.
16:59 walterbender sparsh0204, regarding the + option in the phrasemaker
16:59 I think it is working pretty well now...
17:00 sparsh0204 There are still few bugs and I think I should fix them first and then continue my work on musical keyboard
17:01 walterbender the problem is in editing the values when you click on an entry in the left-hand column
17:01 that is where drum selection is broken
17:01 and the confusion over the arguments for the graphics ensues
17:02 sparsh0204 Last I remember(edit drum) it was working fine but in the last PR it seems broken
17:02 walterbender yes
17:03 I pasted the rror from the console
17:03 sparsh0204 yes I saw that I will fix the edit drum and add note labels bug in the next PR
17:04 walterbender thx
17:04 anything else to add?
17:05 ibiam Thanks sparsh0204
17:05 Nothing from me
17:05 walterbender I guess we can end early today.
17:05 this is evaluation week again.
17:05 thank you everyone.
17:05 #end-meeting
17:06 meeting Meeting ended Mon Jul 22 17:05:59 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:06 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-22T16:32:14.html
17:06 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-07-22T16:32:14
17:06 fakela Thanks
17:06 fakela has quit IRC
17:08 NikhilM98 has quit IRC
17:08 ibiam has quit IRC
17:18 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@fsf/member/pikurasa> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:20 llaske has quit IRC
17:22 pikurasa sorry I am late | Just read today's meeting log | Thank you!
17:26 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d0f84ffed66​98e3b.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:27 pikurasa sparsh0204: I just tested your latest for musical keyboard. This is a good start.
17:28 sparsh0204: I assume you are working on the export feature, correct?
17:30 llaske has quit IRC
17:31 sparsh0204 I will start working on play button once add note bugs are resolved
17:33 pikurasa The issue I experience is when "saving" (i.e. export) from the resultant phrase_maker I get `hertz = NAN` notes. Also, exporting does not work until the user clicks to see the phrase_maker representation (and with no other indication that the user must do this).
17:42 sparsh0204: does that make sense?
17:43 sparsh0204 I will look into it
17:44 are you talking about musical keyboard or phrase maker
18:03 pikurasa musical keyboard
18:30 sparsh0204 play and export both are not working as I changed how musical keyboard works(stores and uses pressed keys). I will make them functional once everythng else is working.
18:30 and approved
18:32 pikurasa ok, thanks!
18:32 pikurasa has quit IRC
18:41 sparsh0204 has quit IRC
18:54 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d0f84ffed66​98e3b.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:19 Hrishi_ has quit IRC
19:53 walterbender has quit IRC
20:08 llaske has quit IRC
20:21 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d0f84ffed66​98e3b.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:28 Quozl has quit IRC
20:30 Quozl <Quozl!~quassel@owl.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:38 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:38 llaske has quit IRC
21:26 walterbender has quit IRC
22:46 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:54 walterbender has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster