Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2019-07-23

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:23 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:14 walterbender has quit IRC
01:49 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:52 walterbender has quit IRC
01:52 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:02 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00bd736dde085​b6027.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:03 walterbender has quit IRC
02:03 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:07 llaske has quit IRC
06:11 satellit_ has quit IRC
06:29 Swarup1414 <Swarup1414!a5e16a47@165.225.106.71> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:57 Swarup1414 has quit IRC
07:17 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-928-170.w86-247.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:17 satellit_ <satellit_!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::483b> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:59 llaske has quit IRC
08:06 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:11 llaske has quit IRC
08:15 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-928-170.w86-247.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:47 llaske has quit IRC
10:54 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:55 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-928-170.w86-247.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:59 llaske has quit IRC
10:59 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-928-170.w86-247.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:00 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-928-170.w86-247.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:25 llaske has quit IRC
13:33 satellit__ <satellit__!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::483b> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:45 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-928-170.w86-247.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:50 llaske has quit IRC
14:05 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-hrpuqwardubwrgbj> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:06 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-1-928-170.w86-247.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:30 walterbender hi
15:30 Hrishi_ hello walterbender
15:30 walterbender meeting here and now?
15:30 meeting walterbender: Error: "here" is not a valid command.
15:31 Hrishi_ walterbender: here or #sugar is fine. Waiting for other mentors to join
15:31 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@154.66.57.237> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:32 Hrishi_ hi samsongoddy
15:32 samsongoddy Hello
15:33 ibiam <ibiam!~myirc@197.210.55.169> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:33 Hrishi_ hi ibiam
15:33 lets start now
15:33 ibiam Hi Hrishi_
15:34 walterbender what is the agenda?
15:34 Hrishi_ This meeting is a discussion of what should be done in Phase 3.
15:35 Should we use # start-meeting
15:35 ibiam Yeah
15:35 Hrishi_ #start-meeting
15:35 meeting Meeting started Tue Jul 23 15:35:22 2019 UTC. The chair is Hrishi_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:35 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
15:35 Hrishi_ #topic Work to be done in Phase 3
15:36 walterbender Let me jump in for a second.
15:36 My goal for you in Phase 3 is to make this something James would be willing to incorporate into the build
15:36 ibiam +1
15:37 Hrishi_ build?
15:37 ibiam Sugar
15:37 Hrishi_ Yes, what in what way?
15:37 walterbender so maybe a review of the current work with James to surface all of his concerns ASAP would be a first step
15:37 Hrishi_ walterbender: that is Dashboard and Tamagotchi right?
15:37 walterbender (I see two directions: added to the standard build or stand-alone apps
15:37 I think we need both)
15:38 But James is the release manager so we need to get his buy in.
15:38 samsongoddy Incorporating Dashboard as a feature or an app?
15:38 ibiam +1
15:38 walterbender I think Dashboard and Tamagotchi can be two separate decisions.
15:38 But his critique sooner than later is really important.
15:39 Are the scaling issues sorted out? That had been a blocker.
15:39 ibiam From one of James' emails he suggested we implement tamagotchi as a feature of sugar
15:39 walterbender anyway, that is my two cents re Phase 3
15:39 ibiam I haven't gotten the perfect cell sizes yet that aligns all cells
15:40 samsongoddy The scaling is still an issue from what I have tested
15:40 walterbender so maybe plan to fix that early in the week and try to schedule a review with James end of the week?
15:40 Hrishi_ walterbender: He did gave us two paths to follow. a) Make it a core part, which would require some effort as Dashboard won't act like an activity anymore 2) Continue as an activity and keep it optional
15:41 walterbender I think both options should be able to share most of their code.
15:41 ibiam Yeah
15:41 walterbender Would be great to have option A available
15:41 ibiam +1
15:41 samsongoddy +1
15:41 Hrishi_ ibiam: I did decrease spacing and decreased pie-chart radius, that should make a difference (if you tested this week)
15:41 (also samsongoddy)
15:42 ibiam A difference for the pie chart window?
15:42 samsongoddy I haven't tested this week
15:42 I will do that
15:42 Hrishi_ So what should I do about the Dashboard? Continue as an activity (or) Also start working on making it a core part
15:43 ibiam There's little work left to make it an activity, I think we can complete that while also implementing it as a part of sugar
15:43 Hrishi_ And if I am doing this, what about the Journal-like activity? Should it be ditched? Should I help in other's project if I complete early?
15:43 walterbender Let's make it super robust as an activity. But also do it in a way such that the code itself could be reused in a dashboard much like the control panels appear.
15:43 samsongoddy +1
15:44 walterbender Hrishi_, we can worry about other projects if/when you finish this one.
15:44 Hrishi_ walterbender: Yes, what about the Journal-like activity for phase 3 though?
15:45 walterbender In some sense, the dashboard as an activity solves some of that. It is an alternative view from the Journal and it can show the way for other Journal variations.
15:45 So really getting that right is critical path
15:46 ibiam Agreed
15:46 Hrishi_ Agreed
15:46 So..this week I will be finishing the Dashboard activity and move some of the parts to core?
15:47 But how should the Dashboard be launched if it's a core part? A button in Journal perhaps?
15:47 ibiam It won't be launched
15:47 walterbender Maybe to start, as a control panel option?
15:47 ibiam It can be part of the control panel
15:47 walterbender would be simple
15:47 and then we can discuss with James other integration points.
15:49 Hrishi_ A control panel option, so it will open as a window?
15:49 ibiam Yeah
15:49 How other parts of the control panel opens
15:50 Hrishi_ I could try to make a working prototype this week?
15:50 See how it goes
15:51 samsongoddy Gre
15:51 *great
15:51 Hrishi_ Any feedback about the Tamagotchi widget?
15:51 ibiam: Tests are fine right?
15:52 ibiam So far yes
15:52 Rebase your branch with the master branch so we can test collaboration along too
15:52 Your code doesn't change it but I noticed something some time ago
15:53 Didn't look into it though
15:53 Hrishi_ ibiam: Ok will do.
15:53 I did a rebase past week if I remember
15:53 walterbender: Any comments?
15:53 samsongoddy: Have you tested?
15:54 ibiam Hrishi_: I'll get you the values for the cell sizes but if I can't get the perfect values, we might have to let the cells get to the end of the screen
15:54 Also the scrolled window works as expected on the xo
15:55 walterbender No comments at the moment re Tomagotchi
15:55 Hrishi_ ibiam: Yes, scrollbar was fixed last week. I am fine unless the cells touches the edge of screen, that won't look good.
15:56 But if you test this week you might get different/better results because as James suggested that the issue was with heatmap cell, which I think I fixed by decreasing column spacing
15:56 So let's complete Dashboard this week (with the test results you provide) and start moving it to core
15:57 ibiam Agreed
15:58 Hrishi_ Anything else to discuss?
15:59 walterbender not from me
15:59 looking forward to seeing this work land in Sugar
16:00 ibiam Nothing from me
16:00 Hrishi_ walterbender: Thanks. I will try my best.
16:00 Thanks for your time
16:00 #end-meeting
16:00 meeting Meeting ended Tue Jul 23 16:00:33 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
16:00 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-23T15:35:22.html
16:00 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-07-23T15:35:22
16:00 Hrishi_ logs will be posted on devel
16:03 ibiam has quit IRC
16:20 llaske has quit IRC
16:32 walterbender has quit IRC
17:28 llaske <llaske!~llaske@lfbn-idf1-1-220-82.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:33 llaske has quit IRC
18:05 Hrishi_ has quit IRC
18:17 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@172.58.219.250> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:54 llaske <llaske!~lionel@2a01cb00074daf00bd0f7b4ee91​b7118.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:27 walterbender has quit IRC
20:09 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:20 llaske has quit IRC
21:03 walterbender has quit IRC
21:03 Quozl has quit IRC
21:06 Quozl <Quozl!~quassel@owl.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:19 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:47 samsongoddy has quit IRC
22:41 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf003c765f8a04c​68d62.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:46 llaske has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster