Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2019-08-12

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
08:42 walterbender has quit IRC
08:43 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:00 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:18 walterbender has quit IRC
11:59 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:17 walterbender has quit IRC
12:42 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:15 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-sjmrnpguptkrocaz> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:26 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!6725c8d6@103.37.200.214> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:09 ashish0910 <ashish0910!7aa1d220@122.161.210.32> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:12 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@fsf/member/pikurasa> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:16 AvinashAgarwal <AvinashAgarwal!75c20d08@117.194.13.8> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 pro-panda <pro-panda!88e92152@136.233.33.82> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:23 walterbender hi everyone
16:23 pro-panda hello
16:24 pikurasa hi
16:24 NikhilM98 Helllo
16:25 AvinashAgarwal Hello!
16:25 Hrishi_ has quit IRC
16:25 Swarup14 <Swarup14!88e92152@136.233.33.82> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:25 Hrishi_ <Hrishi_!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-gpvysxtogjovoolz> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:30 pro-panda .
16:31 Hrishi_ Hello!
16:31 pikurasa hi Hrishi_
16:31 pro-panda #start-meeting
16:31 walterbender #start-meeting
16:31 meeting Meeting started Mon Aug 12 16:31:42 2019 UTC. The chair is pro-panda. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:31 Hrishi_ hi pikurasa
16:31 meeting Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:31 walterbender: Error: Can't start another meeting, one is in progress.
16:31 pro-panda oops ;-)
16:32 walterbender pro-panda, it is fine..
16:32 pikurasa 1 second
16:32 pro-panda We are A-Z this time ?
16:32 walterbender yes
16:32 pro-panda ashish0910, please go ahead
16:32 ashish0910 Hello Everyone ,
16:32 Task Completed Last week :
16:32 1. Create Export to ODT Feature
16:33 2. Testing of the Activity
16:33 Link to Blog -  https://medium.com/@ashish0910[…]ng-11-bfbab897127
16:33 tasks for next week are :
16:33 1. Testing Write Activity on All platforms
16:33 2. Add Localisation to the Activity
16:33 3. Resize and Move feature in Paint Activity
16:34 That's all , Any questions ?
16:34 Aniket <Aniket!~Aniket@103.37.200.229> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:34 pikurasa ashish0910: looks nice
16:34 pro-panda None from me, thanks
16:35 walterbender no questions
16:35 pro-panda Moving on, AvinashAgarwal, you're next
16:36 AvinashAgarwal Yes, hello everyone!
16:37 Last week I mainly worked on integrating image editor in Exerciser using cropperJS and improvising some of its feature to meet our needs.
16:37 Link to PR: https://github.com/llaske/ExerciserReact/pull/83
16:37 Link to blog which contains the details: https://avinashagarwal14.github.io/gsoc-blog/
16:38 Next week's task will be decided in the next meeting I will have in half an hour.
16:38 That's all from my side.
16:38 pro-panda Thanks
16:38 walterbender no blockers?
16:39 AvinashAgarwal No, none for now.
16:39 pro-panda great
16:39 Hrishi_: you're next
16:39 Hrishi_ Ok
16:39 Last week I worked on: 1) Finishing the Dashboard Integration 2) Finishing Tamagotchi widget code 3) Fixing issues with Dashboard activity 4) Fixing issues of Dashboard integration 5) Open draft PRs for Integration and Tamagotchi widget
16:40 Draft PRs: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/851, https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/852
16:40 I haven't opened PR for artwork because it is not complete yet, perrie is unavailable right now (poor internet access where she is right now) so I will wait for her
16:41 walterbender: according to Alex's comment, "Tamagotchi" is trademarked
16:41 walterbender Yes.
16:41 We are taking inspiration from Tamagotchi
16:42 but we are not implementing a Tamagotchi
16:42 pikurasa It is wordplay with the words "friend" (tomodachi) and "egg" (tamago) in Japanese.
16:42 walterbender Hrishi_, Perrie is back from Ethiopia over the weekend
16:42 Hrishi_ Yes, its just a name I believe. We can use just use "XO widget"
16:42 walterbender: I emailed her maybe on Saturday
16:42 walterbender maybe "XO friend"?
16:42 Hrishi_ I will contact her again
16:43 pikurasa Maybe "Tomo-mago"? :p
16:43 pro-panda You also have other designers as your mentors. Try contacting Samson or Jaskirat.
16:43 Hrishi_ pro-panda: will do.
16:44 pikurasa, walterbender: Naming will just sort of codename right? It will just be a widget at the end
16:44 sparsh0204 <sparsh0204!0e8bf3aa@14.139.243.170> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:44 walterbender es, but it will be referred to in documentation
16:44 Hrishi_ Since we are not showing any tooltips or any form of information that says "tamagotchi widget"
16:45 pro-panda We should move on.
16:45 Hrishi_ I will rename the PR after we decide a name. You could drop suggestions here: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/852
16:45 Thanks, that's all from me.
16:45 pro-panda Thanks
16:45 NikhilM98: please go ahead
16:45 NikhilM98 Hello everyone, my last weeks tasks were:
16:46 1. Disable drag-drop on mobile and improve mobile UI for the Activities View
16:46 2. Continue to debug 100mb file upload issue
16:46 3. Add API Docs, Finalize UI, Add Locale in the Analytics View
16:46 4. Add more charts types
16:46 Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]se-xi-69fbdc70073
16:46 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 6:30pm IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task.
16:47 Link to the PR:
16:47 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/196
16:47 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/197
16:47 Any questions?
16:47 pro-panda None from me, thanks
16:48 sparsh0204: please go ahead
16:48 sparsh0204 Last week I worked on -
16:48 * Added edit pitch value form inside the musical keyboard.
16:48 * Added edit hertz value by clicking the hertz label.
16:49 * Fixed a bug which was causing the widget to store wrong hertz value when using in keyboard mode.
16:49 * Added a function to sort notes after user edits note values inside then widget.
16:49 * Added button and function to add new pitch or hertz block from inside the widget and sort the table and keyboard accordingly.
16:49 Link to my work - https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1820
16:49 Link to my blog - https://medium.com/@sparshagar[…]ress-20b9479ea687
16:49 This week I will work on advanced play mode as discussed with my mentors and fix some bugs my mentors and I found in the current widget.
16:49 pikurasa The music keyboard works well so far. Have yet to test anything with timing.
16:50 Will there be a submenu for pitch selection when adding new pitches?
16:50 (sparsh0204/mk_edit_columns branch)
16:50 pro-panda walterbender: are all branches from GH music blocks hosted, or just master ?
16:51 walterbender just releases
16:51 sparsh0204 No walter and I decided that it would add the next note in the scale above the highest note.
16:51 walterbender I test using rawgit
16:51 but we should set up github pages for the branches
16:51 pikurasa And that the scale would be C major by default?
16:52 pro-panda Okay. Thanks
16:52 sparsh0204 pikurasa: yes
16:52 pikurasa I have an idea for specifying scale, but maybe it is just for "wish list"
16:52 Good job. Thanks!
16:53 sparsh0204 ok we can discuss on how to add it.
16:54 walterbender pikurasa, sparsh0204  the more immediate bug is that the keyboard runs past its background
16:54 pikurasa No further questions/comments
16:54 walterbender sparsh0204, and it would be good to work on editing the note durations
16:54 in the table view
16:54 sparsh0204 I would be working on it this week
16:54 walterbender nothing else from me.
16:55 sparsh0204 ok
16:55 walterbender thx
16:55 pro-panda Swarup14: you're next
16:55 Swarup14 Thanks
16:55 Hello
16:55 Work I did this week
16:55 1) Convert activity- Redesign Activity (https://github.com/sugarlabs/convert/pull/30) [Merged]
16:55 2) Convert activity- Preserve dimensions and units in the journal object (https://github.com/sugarlabs/convert/pull/32)
16:55 3) Worked on Convert (I: https://github.com/sugarlabs/convert/issues/24). I began to test each aspect of the issue and will reportif anything is left unresolved by tomorrow.
16:56 4) Dimensions (https://github.com/sugarlabs/dimensions/pull/14)
16:56 5) Letters and Followme (https://github.com/sugarlabs/letters/pull/6). My initial approach was wrong. After lookingup examples online, I made a new PR which fixes the issue for both the activities.
16:56 Work for the week
16:56 1) Focus on releasing activities on ASLO the most.
16:56 2) Work on Write-activity. There are several issues that I shall work on in parallel. Some require more testingwhereas others require code refactor and debugging.
16:56 3) Begin work on Physics activity (I: https://github.com/sugarlabs/physics/issues/37 and https://github.com/sugarlabs/physics/issues/28)
16:56 Link to blog: https://nswarup14.github.io/
16:57 pro-panda Finally, a blog post :p
16:57 Swarup14 I shall update this week's by tomorrow
16:57 pro-panda :'(
16:57 Okay
16:58 Any questions for Swarup14 ?
16:58 walterbender not from me
16:59 pro-panda Moving on. Aniket: you're next
16:59 Aniket Yeah sure
16:59 Worked I did in the last week:-
16:59 * Packaged sugar-datastore (python 3 version).
16:59 (https://github.com/Aniket21mat[…]atastore-python3)
16:59 Target for this week :-
17:00 * Package sugar-toolkit.
17:00 * Port other sugar activities to Python 3.
17:00 that's all from my side :p
17:01 pro-panda Please also document the steps you've followed for packaging.
17:01 Aniket sure pro-panda, I will add it to the documenation
17:02 pro-panda Any questions for Aniket ?
17:02 Aniket * update documentation. (one more task for this week)
17:03 pro-panda Any other topics left ?
17:03 We've received an update from Favour via mail on sugar-devel. She was unable to connect to #sugar-meeting
17:04 Thanks everyone
17:04 #end-meeting
17:04 meeting Meeting ended Mon Aug 12 17:04:20 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:04 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-12T16:31:42.html
17:04 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-08-12T16:31:42
17:04 Aniket has quit IRC
17:04 pikurasa Favour's blog = https://medium.com/@favourkelv[…]k-11-d8f4fcf694f6
17:04 Thank you!
17:04 pro-panda has quit IRC
17:05 sparsh0204 has left #sugar-meeting
17:06 ashish0910 has quit IRC
17:07 AvinashAgarwal has quit IRC
17:10 pikurasa bye
17:10 pikurasa has quit IRC
17:24 Swarup14 has quit IRC
17:52 NikhilM98 has quit IRC
18:31 walterbender has quit IRC
18:31 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:55 Hrishi_ has quit IRC
19:36 walterbender has quit IRC
20:31 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:38 walterbender has quit IRC
20:39 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:54 walterbender has quit IRC
21:11 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:18 walterbender has quit IRC
21:56 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:12 walterbender has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster